Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback / Novahq.net Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Admins can we please have the rep system back? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44481)

Sam 11-12-2009 05:25 PM

Admins can we please have the rep system back?

Pretty pretty please

Steve 11-12-2009 05:35 PM

any particular reason? fyi it's gonna have to be a good reason :)

Sam 11-12-2009 06:02 PM

well i would like to give people good reps for things they say that are helpfull, and for things that are of good encouragement to the members of novahq

RedrumSalad 11-12-2009 06:13 PM

and i would like to give lamename so much bad rep, lol

possible j/k

Sam 11-12-2009 06:15 PM

i didnt mean that redrum i dont want to give the admins a bad idea

skinny killer 11-12-2009 08:10 PM

all other forums that I see have it. why not? it has my vote :)

Hellfighter 11-12-2009 09:13 PM

like all things there is a good side and bad side to things

i say it can't hurt any enable it be good for them who like to use it across the broad in the forum.

one can later on disable in the spam/ testing area of the forum, when a way is found out how to disable to that area, time being i think it would be OK! let it be enable.

don't think it do much damage ether way

i would like to add-in one item if it can be done at all. limited to them who have over 250 or 500 post or more in good standing to use it.

-Tigger- 11-12-2009 10:22 PM

most forums i know... did use it at one stage but it quickly became abused and peoples feelings got hurt...

skinny killer 11-12-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William (Post 357768)
like all things there is a good side and bad side to things

i say it can't hurt any enable it be good for them who like to use it across the broad in the forum.

one can later on disable in the spam/ testing area of the forum, when a way is found out how to disable to that area, time being i think it would be OK! let it be enable.

don't think it do much damage ether way

i would like to add-in one item if it can be done at all. limited to them who have over 250 or 500 post or more in good standing to use it.

that's a good idea. ;)

Lakie 11-13-2009 12:11 AM

On the whole, this forum isnt massively busy, everyone pretty quickly forms an opinion of most posting members, thus knocking out the purpose of such a system. I think at the moment, the inbuilt rep system would cause more grief than benefits...

.Simon. 11-13-2009 01:48 AM

Yeah i don't see the point. We've tried it a few times and it fails

EDGE 11-13-2009 02:14 AM

I don't like the rep system. It's just a waste of coding :p

Sen 11-13-2009 12:00 PM

Rep system in this forum = [IMO]awesome tactic for causing butthurt, not so good for recognition of good samaritans and the bad apples to avoid, which I'm pretty sure is one of the main intentions of the whole rep system.[/IMO]
Unless we suddenly become TechHelpHQ...

GeeFuss 11-13-2009 12:10 PM

i never even knew we had it here lol

Matt 11-13-2009 02:24 PM

I personally enjoyed the rep system, but like said previously it was abused more than it was used for its purposes. We had a lot more people giving negative reputation as jokes and to start conflict than giving positive reputation to helpful posts. Well it also might be because there are only a few helpful posts anymore cause most of you guys spend your time in the spam forum posting garbage instead of contributing any way to the other forums. If you guys show/give us a reason to consider bringing it back then I'll be your spokesman but as of right now I don't see a need for it.

Chrispy 11-13-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 357776)
On the whole, this forum isnt massively busy, everyone pretty quickly forms an opinion of most posting members, thus knocking out the purpose of such a system. I think at the moment, the inbuilt rep system would cause more grief than benefits...

+1

I reckon that's the best rep system for us at the moment. ^ :)