Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Battlefield / Bad Company (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=288)
-   -   Battlefield 3 already confirmed... (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44796)

Bustin 02-23-2010 07:18 AM

Battlefield 3 already confirmed...

Bad Company 2 hasn't been completely released yea and they have already announced the sequel to Battlefield 2...

Quote:

According to former DICE CEO Fredrik Liliegren, the red-hot Battlefield franchise won't be taking a hit in the quality department any time soon. Speaking to Gaming Union, Liliegren shared his thoughts on the long-awaited PC sequel, saying "I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away."

Though Liliegren left DICE in 2006 to start Antic Entertainment, he saw the early prototypes for Battlefield 3 before he left. "I know what they were talking about on the PC side for [the next] Battlefield, and they haven't announced any of that yet, after three years, so I know what's coming, and I still can't talk about it because I'm still under NDA [non-disclosure agreement]," he said.

While the NDA prevented him from talking about specific game features, he also used the opportunity to take a shot at the rival Call of Duty franchise. "That's why it's going to blow people away, because it's not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it's not that experience," he said.

The hype reflects what former EA COO John Pleasants said about the game last year. “I’ve had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE in Sweden and was highly impressed by the way the team is working on that product,” he remarked. “Of course, that’s not [coming out] in the fiscal year, but that is a product that is looking very good.”

As a die-hard Battlefield 2 fan, I've been waiting for news about this game forever. With Bad Company 2 shipping next week, maybe we can look for an announcement in the coming months.
-gameinformer.com

Steve 02-23-2010 12:02 PM

i thiught it was confirmed a long time ago?? maybe it was the community hoping heh?

ShadowZ 02-23-2010 04:09 PM

That tells me that there isn't going to be many updates for BC2...

RedrumSalad 02-23-2010 07:19 PM

hmm, this should be good, i should probably get bf2 first tho :p

i bet its gonna be bf2 and bc2 combined, wait, 2+2=4 nevermind, maybe bf4? :D :D :D

.Simon. 02-24-2010 04:56 AM

BF2 was awesome for making videos :D

Sam 02-26-2010 06:38 PM

i have Bf2 myself, its a pretty awesome game. Cant wait to see what EA and DICE make for us this time around :)

SilentTrigger 02-28-2010 07:57 AM

Awsome news! Now there's just the issue of a new computer at my end :( Been looking around and found a nice package that I might be looking in to :)

I do hope they make this less exploit prone though. Dive an getting a headshot each time isn't a fun element of such a game like bf2 in my opinion :(