Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Web design and Programming (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Need some opinions (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22239)

BlackMass 01-25-2005 11:18 AM

Need some opinions

I'm looking for some feedback on the layout of my website. I posted something about this earlier, but since then I have added a bit more. Main content now appears in an iFrame, and I put the forum in an iFrame as well. I'm just wondering if this makes it any easier to navigate through the site, with everything being accessible from the index page, and how does the forum look being in an iFrame rather than it's own separate window?

Also, a ? on the forum ..... I have been looking at the different php files for the forum (I use phpBB) and cannot to save my life find the file that allows you to edit the scrollbar. Is anyone familiar enough with phpBB to point me in the right direction?

Steve 01-25-2005 11:34 AM

IMO there is too much on the main page :/
just seems to many iframes tbh, really need the Bits 'n' Pieces one? why not add that to the news section, or use a java pop instead.

i do like ifames in desings but not too many, but i really hate the double scroll effect when using the wheel (reach top of bottom of frame then whole page moves), and having more iframes just makes it happen more often.

great colour theme as always :)

~MOUSE~ 01-25-2005 11:51 AM

Is your banner (top, centre) off the page, or should the image have the top missing ?

BlackMass 01-25-2005 11:58 AM

Yeah mouse, the top is meant to be ..... for whatever reason i make my banners that way, whether they are aligned top or left.

steve, i agree about the scroll effect you mentioned, that is annoying. i made use of the iframes the way i did because i was aiming for a portal-like feel. if i change anything the forum will open in a new window, and main content iframe will just appear in an expanding box, and the two iframes will remain at the top.

pop-ups are bad, shame on you.

SilentTrigger 01-25-2005 12:06 PM

Make more pages and get rid of those evil iFrames. I dont like the look of it and iFrames make scrolling alot more complicated. You should always strive to minimize scrolling.

Colors and such is nice :)

Matt 01-25-2005 01:37 PM

completely off topic im sorry, but next year wont be any different until vick learns to throw a football acurately down field :p

BlackMass 01-25-2005 01:58 PM

i couldn't agree more, however ....... he's only 24 or 25 ....... he's dangerous now, and teams are forced to design a game plan around him as it is. imagine how dangerous he'll be once he becomes a well-rounded quarterback. i think Mora designing some shotgun plays for Vick was a very smart move. two or three years, and look out!

Matt 01-25-2005 09:22 PM

true, but teams are now realizing how to stop him, pressure. blitz and always have people coming at him. the bucs have always done a great job containing him, as well as the cowboys, and most recently the eagles (i said containing cause its impossible to "stop" vick from running, hes inhuman) but if he learns to throw well he will be the best quarterback and running back in the league