Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   [DFBHD] New App for BHD - Run Custom Missions in Steam (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48700)

Guest001 03-24-2018 10:38 PM

New App for BHD - Run Custom Missions in Steam

Apparently the /d switch doesn't work in Steam.

This means Custom Missions and *Mods may not run correctly or work at all.

So I'm trying to build an app that will pack your missions to the pff, that way you should be able run custom missions in Steam.

An automated selection process will...

Pack - Unpack User Missions

Pack - Unpack Stock Missions

Backup the game folder etc...

*Some MODs may work if repacked into the main PFFs

Scott 04-02-2018 11:16 AM

Sounds like a good project to accomplish that :)

Sil 04-02-2018 05:24 PM

/d does indeed work directly in Steam and also works the manual way by creating a shortcut in Steam dir as usual with /d on the target parameter.

Video shows no /d, /d with hudpos.def and then DF1 mod.

Guest001 04-05-2018 06:59 AM

@Sil

Windows 10 users are having various problems Sil.

This issue is real enough.

Steam users are also reporting they're suddenly unable to run their games from a HDD.

Also your shims don't work for all users, so you can see there's more to this matter than meets the eye.

Guest001 04-05-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 389247)
Sounds like a good project to accomplish that :)

Thanks Scott - it's sorely needed for those who aren't totally up to speed on setting switches or packing and unpacking the PFFs.

The app is going OK but to make it robust it must also work from anywhere, especially if installed in Program Files (x86).

Because of this nothing can be done in the game folders themselves, so it's taking a while to work through that, though it's packing and unpacking OK now.

Then finally it's a matter of building the GUI with all the data visually integrated.

Guest001 04-10-2018 10:12 PM

GUI going OK.

Still a few scaling issues with subwindows and some of the scanner titles are incorrect in the image.

http://novahq.net/forum/picture.php?...&pictureid=299

Sil 04-16-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 389204)
Apparently the /d switch doesn't work in Steam.

This means Custom Missions and *Mods may not run correctly or work at all.

I was merely showing /d does work in Steam, no apparently about it, albeit it not for everyone.

Steam is not the problem, as many people wrongly state with regards to games in the DF series, rather a Windows issue.

Your app will be good to counter these problems tho :)

Guest001 04-16-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sil (Post 389313)
I was merely showing /d does work in Steam, no apparently about it, albeit it not for everyone.

Steam is not the problem, as many people wrongly state with regards to games in the DF series, rather a Windows issue.

Your app will be good to counter these problems tho :)

Thanks Sil I understand what you're saying but the "/d" in steam certainly doesn't work for me in any OS, let alone Windows 10, no matter what I try.

(Perhaps I should insert here - So Far. - remembering I'm trying to get this to happen from an executable not desktop interaction)

In my view the issues with windows versions or steam executable changes are just part the problem in building a robust app that's fit for the purpose needed.

I also have to consider that some users may still have a standard (x86 - Novalogic) install of the game which depending on OS, can bring enormous difficulties when it comes to editing the extra files that may be used.

BTW - In case anyone is having a bit of trouble seeing their missions after packing the traditional way?

When packing missions, it's only the extra files like bin wac lwf etc. that need to be packed to localres.pff.

Keep editor generated files like the bms and til files unpacked and residing in the game for bhd missions to register correctly with bin and wac files etc. operating.

:
I'm currently investigating the implications of EXP1.pff in the TS expansion and may have to build a separate app for BHDTS.