Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   [DFBHD] Make a remaster version of this game (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48045)

City Ace 01-18-2017 10:17 AM

Nope. You will own the rights to it because you made the sound. Copyright laws dont say that one can't copy the dialogues, you can; just you shouldn't alter the original sound.

Long 01-18-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386189)
Nope. You will own the rights to it because you made the sound. Copyright laws dont say that one can't copy the dialogues, you can; just you shouldn't alter the original sound.

But what about the content ? The gameplay , all is similar to DF besides the graphics , the sounds , the models , textures,..

City Ace 01-18-2017 10:20 AM

And yea, finding good orators in Asia is even tougher than holding sneezes. Only way i had earlier to counter this problem was to go to my very own teachers and then record their voices saying "I have a presentation that needs a good orator like you" :v

City Ace 01-18-2017 10:22 AM

No. You are not breaking the laws by creating 100% similarity between your game and theirs untill and unless those work are done by you from scratch.

Long 01-18-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386191)
And yea, finding good orators in Asia is even tougher than holding sneezes. Only way i had earlier to counter this problem was to go to my very own teachers and then record their voices saying "I have a presentation that needs a good orator like you" :v

LOL now that sucks

Guest001 01-18-2017 08:28 PM

Hi there, Stompem here, nice idea but as discovered before there's a lot to live up to with such a project.

In keeping with that I don't see how the unreal engine could handle all the attributes you need.

Most PPL make a Mod.

Guest001 01-18-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386191)

You need some vocoder software.

Audio DAWS include this type of software.

You simply type in your words, adjust speech pattern and you have vocals for PPL Monsters or Aliens etc....

Long 01-19-2017 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 386194)
Hi there, Stompem here, nice idea but as discovered before there's a lot to live up to with such a project.

In keeping with that I don't see how the unreal engine could handle all the attributes you need.

Most PPL make a Mod.

What attributes do u mean ? I don't find anything that Unreal Engine can't support :clap2:

Guest001 01-19-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long (Post 386197)
What attributes do u mean ? I don't find anything that Unreal Engine can't support :clap2:

I say this in good will but do you realize how good the Voxel Space engine really is?

Try getting the Unreal Engine to allow you to be flying along with all your teamates in a helicopter, taking various positions on-board and then leaping out whenever you spot your enemy, sky dive or just parachute down to the area of interest and do your stuff for one. :)

BTW

This is all in an unlimited environment, a fully open world.

To this date and as far as I know, Unreal is still incapable of this.

test 01-19-2017 11:50 AM

DF:BHD Revival - https://www.facebook.com/groups/593167714165139/

Long 01-19-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 386199)
I say this in good will but do you realize how good the Voxel Space engine really is?

Try getting the Unreal Engine to allow you to be flying along with all your teamates in a helicopter, taking various positions on-board and then leaping out whenever you spot your enemy, sky dive or just parachute down to the area of interest and do your stuff for one. :)

BTW

This is all in an unlimited environment, a fully open world.

To this date and as far as I know, Unreal is still incapable of this.

It is possible with Unreal Engine , as the matter of fact , you can do that in others engines as well. It is you who decide if it's possible or not :fingersx:

Guest001 01-19-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long (Post 386201)
It is possible with Unreal Engine , as the matter of fact , you can do that in others engines as well. It is you who decide if it's possible or not :fingersx:

Erp... Many have said that so just show me the proof I say :gj:

Long 01-19-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 386202)
Erp... Many have said that so just show me the proof I say :gj:

Alright thanks for some tips :fingersx: It might takes a lot of time but I hope the game is finished :hail:

Guest001 01-19-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long (Post 386203)
Alright thanks for some tips :fingersx: It might takes a lot of time but I hope the game is finished :hail:

MMM Please don't get me wrong by thinking I'm against the idea.

I'm not but it's like City Ace inferred earlier, if you aim too high you can be disappoined and end up wasting a lot of time and, well, I'm simply trying to explain that a little more.

:dontknow:

BTW
I'd back it if you make it no worries about that - keep us informed :)

Long 01-19-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 386204)
MMM Please don't get me wrong by thinking I'm against the idea.

I'm not but it's like City Ace inferred earlier, if you aim too high you can be disappoined and end up wasting a lot of time and, well, I'm simply trying to explain that a little more.

:dontknow:

BTW
I'd back it if you make it no worries about that - keep us informed :)

Well yeah but even if I fail , I would learn a lot during the trip of making it :D If there is anything new about my game , I will inform you guys. Again thanks for the support and advice .:headbang::headbang:

Guest001 01-19-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long (Post 386205)
Well yeah but even if I fail , I would learn a lot during the trip of making it :D If there is anything new about my game , I will inform you guys. Again thanks for the support and advice .:headbang::headbang:

Well that depends on what you do actually know...

I'm a little bit of a self proclaimed psychic and you coming here asking questions at first :nerd: and then telling us all of this is possible :read: after all sounds a little mysterious from my end :)

Long 01-19-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 386206)
Well that depends on what you do actually know...

I'm a little bit of a self proclaimed psychic and you coming here asking questions at first and then telling us all of this is possible after all sounds a little mysterious from my end :)

What I said that "this is possible" is only a state to say that nothing is impossible if you haven't tried. I just came here and ask about the copyright issue so that I would not waste my time later on for a game that will never be released due to copyright

Guest001 01-20-2017 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long (Post 386207)
What I said that "this is possible" is only a state to say that nothing is impossible if you haven't tried. I just came here and ask about the copyright issue so that I would not waste my time later on for a game that will never be released due to copyright

I have accounts for all the engines mentioned here but as stated previously and as far as I know, the ability to wrap the game world is absent.

Besides that, if you were to use Unity or the Unreal Engine the barriers are not all insurmountable, with only a few particularities that exclude it being a true Delta Force clone.

As for developing your idea to a certain extent there's no problem with the right prefabs or design skills.

You'd be able to simulate a combat environment with bought assets and prefabs.

Also there wouldn't be any copyright issues as long as you were careful how you name and describe your game.

It follows to mention that the capital investment levels required for engines of this calibre can be quite high though there are ways to develop under a tight budget with careful planning.

City Ace 01-21-2017 01:50 AM

Damn. I hated Unreal. I was not even able to properly open my assets from the editor and it was like "ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH" Anyways, Long, best of luck for your game and dont become a day dreamer: Make a game with simple design plan and you will be getting rich through Steam :-D

Long 01-21-2017 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386212)
Damn. I hated Unreal. I was not even able to properly open my assets from the editor and it was like "ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH" Anyways, Long, best of luck for your game and dont become a day dreamer: Make a game with simple design plan and you will be getting rich through Steam :-D

Alright thank you very much for your support :fingersx: I hope my game is released too. It is my college project <3 Love ya all