PDA

View Full Version : Virus - W32/Yaha.g@MM

Steve
06-28-2002, 06:10 AM
This virus is rated as MEDIUM RISK FOR HOME USERS. This mass-mailing worm attempts to send itself to email addresses found on an infected system.
Once the virus is run, it will attempt to turn off anti-virus and firewall protection on the system, thereby compromising security.

Please update your systems. for info go here >> http://www.mcafee.com/anti-virus/viruses/yaha/

Unregistered
06-28-2002, 10:08 AM
He lol i got that 1 to about 40 times.....
rofl he tried to open but Norton was ahead of him so he couldnt do jacksh*t .
Hehehehe well for those that are infected 1 way to remove
if the anti-virus progs wont help anymore.
(try) Detect the executable (.exe) of the virus Once you done that restart Windows and while hes booting press F8
you will see a screen that lets you decide in which mode you want to run select Windows Safe Mode there. When W-S-M is ready go to the file and delete it.
Ive tried it on a old comp of mine and it worked. (euhm im sick that i infect that old comp with all those viruses but hee i found a way to remove him)

da.kurupt
06-28-2002, 04:07 PM
i got it in my email but the hotmail virus thing found it

Steve
06-29-2002, 04:51 AM
it gets in though Outlook

SpitFire
07-01-2002, 09:32 AM
Hey Stevie B... I kinda need ur help with something. i read that virus thing u guys posted on dfhq headlines.... and i clicked the link and well it opened and i clicked the banner and it said it tested my comp and it was messed up.... which i know because some bitch gave me a virus one day when i tryed getting a key generator for Adobe Photo Shop 6. it opened up Add And Remove Programs... and i tryed hitting X but it wasnt there and then cancel and that wasnt there either... and i tryed ctrl alt delete but it wouldnt shut off. so then i had to hit ok and all of a sudden that damn thing started deleting my hardrive... i was like freaking out. lol and then i hit the power button and shut it down completly. and ever since then my comp is busted. Everytime my comp turns on it says WARNING: Your computer that is being monitored on dells system is running outside its normal rate(its not working right) and it says it is advisable that u back up ur data and call dell imediatly to replace ur Hard Disc 0. got any ideas lol? here is that pic of the test http://dfmadness.com/spitfire/mydelldied.bmp and it isnt slow or anything it just runs out of memory fast.... well if i dl big files lol. well since i gotta replace my hard disc how much does a 60 gb hard drive cost? well reply to the post ASAP i duno how long this thing can hold out...

Peace And Thanks For The Help!

SpitFire
07-01-2002, 09:37 AM
is that scan thingy fake?