PDA

View Full Version : More Feedback from Fox6

DevilDog#1
05-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Polls – All the people that are complaining about the poll need to lighten up a bit. I put the poll in the field because I thought it would lighten the mood around here a bit. If you have an idea for a poll that would be a little more geared toward the entire world then please start a thread and have people post their suggestions and PM me the link (just one PM please). This can’t be the biggest issue that is out there.

Free Content – There is some stuff in the works – I can’t promise anything but I’m working on something. If we can get a good map competition going then that would be some content, but I know what it is that you are looking for and I’m looking into it.

DevilDog#1
05-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Suggestions – They are just that - suggestions. I may agree or disagree with some of them but I’m not a developer. Also, there is an approval process that has to happen. Please keep in mind that we are trying to please the most people most of the time. Just because there is a thread that lists several good suggestions it doesn’t mean that the game community in general would like that. I don’t want to turn this into a debate of whose suggestion is better then the others.

I can assure you that we read them. If your suggestion doesn’t get put in the game then my suggestion to you is to make your own mod and play with the people that like it on a private server. I have had friends that have done that and they couldn’t happier. They got the game that they wanted and they found the people that wanted to play the game that way. It’s a win win situation.

Why there aren’t certain things in the games – Basically, when we sit down to make a game we put it all on the table. Then decide what we want and don’t want. Then we decide what makes the most people happy. Then we decide what type of game we would want to make – and throughout the process the game develops. Maybe it’s not the exact game that you wanted, but that’s what moding for.

20% Unhappy? – I think that there are a number of people that just won’t ever be happy. I don’t know what that number is but it’s something.

Example – there are several comments about vehicles in DF:X some people what them and some don’t. If we were to take them out then the others would be unhappy. We can’t please all the people all of the time. Look at the thread in the lounge about the poll – it’s a non issue. Polls last only a week since I got here. Yet there are pages on complaints in the lounge about it. I can’t please them all – I tried to bring a little fun.

This is not to say that I’m not trying or that I want you all to stop complaining. For instance – because of the question about the poll I now know that we should consider making them more universal – and I will. I’m trying here, but something tells me that a percentage of people will complain about next week’s poll either.

Next for Nova – I can’t talk about, think about it, joke about it, or anything else. I think most people know why, but if you don’t I answered that one before. It’s the NDA issue and this is a competitive industry.

NILE – we are aware of the problems. We are working on them. I can’t say when they will be done.

DF6 – No Comment.

DF:X Naming – It wouldn’t be good marketing to call everything Xtream so I would assume that we won’t call anything else Xtream- But that was funny.

Am I a family man – Nope, I’m as single as they come at the moment. I have done the serious stuff for a long time and I know how that goes. All of my friends are married or just about married – but my life has taken a different path.

Maps – We are working on it (I have some ideas). When I have more information I’ll let you know.

Stats – There is a tag on the stats page that says that they could be rebooted. We don’t think that this will happen. The warning is there because with a new game it takes time to get the stats working the way we would like them to. I can’t stress enough how we don’t think that this will be necessary – however in the even that it is we wanted to let everyone know.

Post Removal – This happens for various reasons. Usually a break of the EULA.

Tracers on the Servers – These are there because it’s a company decision to put them in. All NW servers will have them because this is protocol for us at this time.

JO Speaking – This is designed because it will get old very fast if the same taunts are used. There are files of several taunts and it is random how they are pulled up. While you may hear whoo hoo, your buddy will hear yah yah (or something like that). You probably heard yah yah just before that so this time you hear whoo hoo.

Events – Yes we have them and sometimes they are community events. My suggestion is that if you are not in the US then contact the UK office and see what their schedule is. I don’t think that they have anything planed for now – but in the even that something comes up you can see if you can come.

I guess that’s it guys. I enjoyed doing this and I hope to do it again in the future. I think that for the time being I will start random topics in the lounge. Stuff like “What’s you favorite song and why.” This will just be so that we all talk and not get to business minded about things. I will do another QA again and we can address more questions at that point.

I hope you all enjoyed it!

Trojan
05-17-2005, 10:18 AM
News has been approved. Thanks DevilDog and Fox6.

DevilDog#1
05-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Trojan
News has been approved. Thanks DevilDog and Fox6.

huh? :confused:

Trojan
05-17-2005, 11:09 AM
I have read, approved and moved the news post above. I thanked you and Fox6. What's not to understand?

DevilDog#1
05-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Nvm ...

mr. mcgarrett
05-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Lol Dog he made sense you know ;)

DevilDog#1
05-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by mr. mcgarrett
Lol Dog he made sense you know ;)

Shhhhhhhhh LOL :p