PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO PUT YOUR SIG IN THE FORUM

Steve
12-02-2001, 05:18 AM
1. make a sig.

2. it needs to be put on a website so that the forum knows where to look for it. i.e. it needs a URL such as http://www.yourwebsite/afolder/yoursiggypic.jpg

3. click on 'user cp' which is at the top of the screen.

4. click on 'edit profile'.

5. there is a box where you type in whatever you would like to appear at the bottom of every message.

6. to put your sig @ the bottom of every message type
[;) img]http://www.yoursite/afolder/yourpic.jpg[;) /img]

just dont put in the smilies. (the smilies are there so the forum doesn't try to find a sig at that address)

CWoFHaR
12-06-2001, 07:12 PM
ok, im sorta new(b) to this sig stuff, what do use to make a sig?

zza1pqx
12-06-2001, 10:06 PM
First. In response to StevieBs mini-tutorial there. I would add that many of the famous webspace providers out there, Yahoo, Lycos etc do NOT allow stuff that is held on their servers to appear on other servers so If you do choose to make your own signatures then you must make sure that the webspace where you store them has none of these restrictions.

Second in response to the other dude.... Any imaging program you have access to mate.
The internet will only recognise *.GIF and *.JPG format on a web page so it must be saved like that.
A lot of people here use Photshop which comes in many flavours including recently Photshop Elements which is a much cheaper version but could still handle all of the graphics you see in this forum.
Other companies ie JASC Paintshop Pro are also cheap but excellent at this kind of low req. imaging.
Look around mate. Ulead do cheap products and in fact I got a copy of Uleads imaging software for free off a magazine!

The sig you see in my name was made with pics I edited off the internet, layered using Photoshop6 with a coulpe of gradient effects rolled into the background. Easy. But it could have easily ben made in just about all of the cheaper products available.

Dont be tempted by MSPaint though.....

Lakie
01-21-2005, 12:18 AM
um, this thread says that zza started it on the forum page, and says CWOFHAR has the last post... WTF??

Steve
01-21-2005, 07:25 AM
yeah there is a lot of things like that. one of the update options in the admin panel needs clicking