Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:10 PM
K-Sax is offline K-Sax

Mission Export issues

Attempting to export .BMS file from editor and not seeing it in the game. Anyone have this issue? I have the editor working, and events/ way-points seem to work now but on occasion an error reading .bin file error occurs. Anyone help or have a solution?
Old 02-22-2018, 04:24 AM
SpecOpsSniper is offline SpecOpsSniper

i am happy to help!

just create a folder where you will export it then you will have to manually put the .BMS into the Game Directory then 'voila! all done
Old 02-22-2018, 04:25 AM

i have the same crappyyy problem thats why i cant make maps for the original game instead makes maps for mods like TioCoop 9.2
Old 02-22-2018, 04:27 AM

about the .bin error nah its normal have the same issue with my low end pc
nothing to worry
(EXCEPT FOR THE MANUAL EXPORT STUFFF)
Old 02-22-2018, 07:55 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

First, right-click on the MED .exe or the desktop icon you start the MED with. Click on 'Properties', then go to the 'Compatibility' tab. At the bottom, activate the 'Run as Admin" checkbox, then click 'OK'. Do the same thing to the dfbhd.exe itself as well.

Now, open Windows Explorer, click on the 'View' menu, and in the 'Hide/Show' section, activate the checkbox to show 'Hidden Elements'.

(Note: my system is in german, I'm not sure I'm translated the labels above with perfect accuracy, so please think flexibly.)

Then you navigate to this folder:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

The AppData folder defaults to 'hidden', that's why I mentioned the 'Hide/Show' checkbox.

This is where Windows shunts files for some programs that need admin rights to access the hard drive. It's a safety precaution, no matter how annoying it is.

I'm 99% percent sure you'll find this folder in the VirtualStore:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\Novalogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down

In this folder, you'll find your .mis, .bms, dfv.cfg, and dfvplr.sav files; probably a bunch of others. Move them into the real DFBHD game folder.

Now that the game and MED are running as admin, everything should be normal.

Edit: Now that I've read your entire post more carefully, I can tell you that the missing .bin error is a thing with the unlocked MED. You can get rid of that by creating a .bin file for your mission. Search around NovaHQ, you'll find the information you need.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:42 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

The next thing you may encounter is no write access and you can't save the WAC, open Properties - Security Tab - Edit and Add - Authenticated Users - select again and add Modify to it's permissions.