Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 02:54 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Oh... BTW.
Did I mention the ease of programming your games and AI with BHD/DFX2 using the MEd.

I guess I should also mention that this is a proprietary game and nobody here makes anything from it except to have fun.

Very modifiable but also versatile in vanilla flavor as well.

Here's a bit of fun.

Here's one using a Mod
Old 06-24-2016, 03:04 AM

• RECOMMENDED - Play COOP
Old 06-25-2016, 02:20 AM
City Ace is offline City Ace

Wot? Making the helis fly and land is tough in Unreal? :-[ But a guy once said to me it is easy in Unreal through Blueprints.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:28 PM
fawkle is offline fawkle

I know a little about development/programing and a lot about hardware/software but i'm not an Ace at it . I started in 1999 with DF2 and new many people at work that told me to try it out as I never played an online game in my life till then. Since, I have played literally thousands of games of all kinds cuz I needed to know how they reacted on my servers etc... It was always a pain that Novalogic's graphics made it a pain to use 1 server to host Multiple games. I must say, I have had my issues with all their games, but it is the easiest MIND friendly game on the PC end to use. They always had graphics that were over 50% which is/was great in my opinion at the time alot of PC's came with onboard graphics . If the owners had brains they could have made it the top 3 game in the world starting with DF2. Too bad a great game gets crapped on cuz their marketing structure was so closed minded. Their own programmers used to make all the hackz and cheats on their own and make extra cash with AKA sites. I mean seriously! Punk Busters told them to take a hike do to to that! If Nova owners wanted to make their games make many millions instead of a million they should have always been on top of the cheats and updated monthly with simple code changes. They new that, they know this! All know if the game can't be compromised then we just need more ram,bandwidth, and it's a PC race. That's what really killed Novalogic! And it all started in 1998 with DF2 and cheats allowed with no updates to stop them? or if they did the programmers put new cheat codes up on their sites! I know this to be FACT! I know many other games with the same problem. I also know many other games that use PB and Steam and they have their issues also.My son is top 10 in COD which I do not play nor use any platforms but the PC, which they tried with COD together with Xbox etc. and stopped it after 6 months due to PC users had a huge advantage and could cheat . So If Micr$soft can't stop cheats then i guess no-one can. Nova needs to go game console to make money is the issue. Game Consoles put me out of business! I could have started a SITE BACK THEN LIKE POKERSTARS AND BEEN VERY RICH NOW. I live by certain precepts, all biblical, so I decided not to even when I had my dad and bro with millions wanting me to do it. I said I can't. they said no to investing in online gaming cuz they say the console coming. So I put a lot into hosting and I talk to nova almost daily when I hosted DF2 and wanted to do it for a living, which is the sad part about my journey. It all started with Novalogic and ended with it also. Although I still Host games. Nova games were a pain in the butt to host many games but awesome to play and still is.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:15 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post

Using that method why don't you call it the Task Force Dagger Engine?
You're being an asshole dude. He's right. JO is basically identical to the BHD engine when it comes to the important aspects. Just like Win 10/8/7 is just a pretty version of Vista. And most long time DF players consider DF:X/X2 as a hacked version of the modified BHD engine for JO. The DF Xtreme games were a cash grab by the CEO, and an insult to the community.

But looks like Nova's CEO was a complete jerk, and ran everyone off. They were dead in 2009 according to most accounts I can find. Yet people rebuy their games over and over un-knowingly getting scammed by a company that hasn't developed a game in 8 years and betrayed us.

They don't communicate or respond on their FB page or forums. Has anyone mailed them? If you walk up to their office and knocked on the door you would probably would never be seen or heard from again. Five novalogic employes, boarded up in the office in the "zombie apocalypse", or whatever they call it. "Maintain the Joint Ops servers!" they shout. Their faces soiled and worn as they no longer have the funds to maintain toilets or lights.
"That will give us enough money to order a pizza boy and eat him when he knocks!"

P.S. shoutout to Chief-adfp-

Last edited by Cody 7; 06-26-2016 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:31 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawkle View Post
I know a little about development/programing and a lot about hardware/software but i'm not an Ace at it . I started in 1999 with DF2 [...]
Its cool to see another long time DF player. A shame that the company ended the way it did because a lot of people are still under the idea that they are "secretly making something". And yeah I wish I could of gone back in time and invested in things too, I found out about the bitcoin in 2011 when it was $13 for one bitcoin then the price rose to a high of $800 per bitcoin and more recently it is down to $300. Darn!
Old 06-26-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Ace View Post
Wot? Making the helis fly and land is tough in Unreal? :-[ But a guy once said to me it is easy in Unreal through Blueprints.
This is fine in theory and looks good on paper but for instance, in DFX2 the player can get in a helo and jump on a minigun, sit in a seat or fire out from a skid, crawl to door edges or stand and fire from the gun ports, then without any trouble just leap out and parachute down while the helo can fly along with AI or Human pilot.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody 7 View Post
You're being an asshole dude. He's right. JO is basically identical to the BHD engine when it comes to the important aspects. Just like Win 10/8/7 is just a pretty version of Vista. And most long time DF players consider DF:X/X2 as a hacked version of the modified BHD engine for JO.
Hi there, as I said to City earlier in the piece - with the method of reasoning you've used there you can then say that JO also looks like a hacked version of the modified Task Force Dagger Engine for BHD.

To which you would disagree strongly I assume, the same way I just have to disagree with your statement.

JO is far more advanced than BHD, enough to be touted as a next gen edition of the games.

The differences between JO and DFX or DFX2 are minor but there's definitely room for argument when you compare them with BHD.

DF game engines have shared common roots all the way and even share assets but that's not unusual at all and they've kept most players happy for years and years and are far from dead.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:32 PM

As far as i know, i would say Delta Force' games were graphically good till Xtreme of 2005. But it is very poor for Xtreme 2, because the gfx modifications are minor in Xtreme 2 and its gfx is nowhere comparable to other games released in 2009. The critics too criticized Xtreme 2, and said that Xtreme 2 is the biggest disappointment in the series. Moreover, i think the dead developers are eating air in their coffins because not a single game of theirs is receiving any summer sales and all. If a decade old games doesnt receive discounts and all, who will buy it if there are already thousands of AAA games lying on Steam. Xtreme 2's price has just been stucked on 20 bucks, which is fairly overpriced. They should lower the prices or at least give discounts.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
As far as i know, i would say Delta Force' games were graphically good till Xtreme of 2005. But it is very poor for Xtreme 2, because the gfx modifications are minor in Xtreme 2 and its gfx is nowhere comparable to other games released in 2009. The critics too criticized Xtreme 2, and said that Xtreme 2 is the biggest disappointment in the series. Moreover, i think the dead developers are eating air in their coffins because not a single game of theirs is receiving any summer sales and all. If a decade old games doesnt receive discounts and all, who will buy it if there are already thousands of AAA games lying on Steam. Xtreme 2's price has just been stucked on 20 bucks, which is fairly overpriced. They should lower the prices or at least give discounts.
You've really got tickets on yourself haven't you City.

It's not about graphics or any of the other stuff including the price, which you just can't seem to stop parroting on about.

You can just buy it and play it or not, it's that simple man so please don't come here and put across a woeful and ill informed lament about the games that I love thanks.

Save it for Novaworld2, that's the place you do that stuff, this is a fan site for you to enjoy yourself, if you don't it doesn't give you the right to try and make me feel bad as well.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:54 AM

Wot? Believe it or not, its the truth. Why would i simply go around throwing my negative thoughts -______________- I am too neither a hater of DF games.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Wot? Believe it or not, its the truth. Why would i simply go around throwing my negative thoughts -______________- I am too neither a hater of DF games.
Your themed posts are all over the forum
Closed Thread