Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 08-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Badger is offline Badger

Using HB

Our sever is using HB, now some of our players use HB or pinger6.0. The problem is I changed the name of server to honor a member passing away. Left it that way for a month changed it back 7-15-2018 and still shows up the same. In HB and Pinger6.0 but if you log into nova it's gone shows up the correct way. I have rebooted server and BMT a few times. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Our sever is using HB, now some of our players use HB or pinger6.0. The problem is I changed the name of server to honor a member passing away. Left it that way for a month changed it back 7-15-2018 and still shows up the same. In HB and Pinger6.0 but if you log into nova it's gone shows up the correct way. I have rebooted server and BMT a few times. Any Ideas?

Thanks
maybe you have to try another unique name for the server to change as that one is already used up?
Old 08-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Badger is offline Badger

Server name FAS has been the same since 2005 and there is no others on HB or nova that even comes close to ours. The server name is FAS, and changed to FAS RIP 4Door. I have changed it many times in the past to FAS vs All or FAS Medic Night or FAS No 203's and then change back to FAS never seem to have a problem in the past. When you look at NOVAWORLD.CC its sometimes takes a few hours to change back except this time. Beats me this one got me stumped.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Odd issue indeed. The heartbeat dll reads from the games memory to get the server name and then sends it to the NovaHQ (and cc) lobby. The lobby is updated with this "new" info every ~30 or so seconds. Novaworld.cc usually gets it's info direct from Novaworld's glb file, but because NovaWorld is down it's sending a "nova ping" request to your server just like how the pinger works. The server is indeed responding with the name ! ~1FAS RIP 4DOOR according to my own pinger.

You can see that here:
http://nw.novahq.net/nova/ping?g=dfb...80.174%3A17479

Could it possibly be the server manager software changing the name?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 08-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Badger is offline Badger

We host and own our own server. We will have to look harder at host maybe need to clean the cache folder in BHD game at host side. I looked at all the ports from host to nova and our website they show just FAS but port for Pinger still shows FAS RIP 4Door. Blow my mind its got to be something we are missing lol Thanks for the help will let you know what we find or if you find it let me know bud.

Thank you very much for help!
Old 08-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Badger is offline Badger

Cleaned out cache folder at the host and I think that was the problem. Novaworld CC is still down but had someone look at his pinger as I put server back on line and it worked fine he said.
Even though the website and logging into nova worked fine but the NovaHQ and cc lobby was picking up old information from cache i guess.

This is one we won't forget. Thanks stompem and Scott.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Cleaned out cache folder at the host and I think that was the problem. Novaworld CC is still down but had someone look at his pinger as I put server back on line and it worked fine he said.
Even though the website and logging into nova worked fine but the NovaHQ and cc lobby was picking up old information from cache i guess.

This is one we won't forget. Thanks stompem and Scott.
Yes good fix.

I've seen similar issues when editing websites, the data changes on the server OK but viewing the changes requires browser and client caches to be cleared.