Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Kandi is offline Kandi

made me really angry

Heres the story:

for the last while i have been having this problem with my computer shutting off on me. When it first started it was tollerable it only did it once in a while but then it started to get more frequent.

Since i needed it i didnt send it in right away but it soon came very evident that i needed to. so i called in march to get it fixed under warranty which at that time they told me that my warranty was expired and i had to pay for the call and to get it fixed.. i still had one month left of my warranty so i told him there was a mistake. They then requested bill of sale which i faxed to them...

Finally they send me a box but i cant back up files on the thing because it keeps turning off. Scott and I then tried using another computer to back it up but connectors were different which was my fault for buying a compaq. So he managed to back up my important stuff and sent it in second week in july.

When i returned home at the beginning of august after visiting with scott the computer still hadnt arrived at my house. i thought this was odd but waited a while longer just in case. called on 08/22 to find out -- after 6 different dept transfers -- that they had no clue where it was. They said they received it on july10 but said that it had a week turn around so i said why 6 weeks then.. at that time they said that they got it on july 20 but no sooner than that they changed it to aug 8.. i thought this unlikely since we took it in 2nd week in july 3rd week at the latest on overnight delivery it should have been there before august. no shipping company wants a computer in their possesion for that long.

So they tell me that "beleive it or not we just finished fixing it today and its waiting to be picked up(by the shipping company)" and that they had to change the main board. this was at 6 pm computer was dropped off this morning before noon.. awfully quick for it not have being picked up after business hours yesterday so being picked up at 9 am today but hey.. i was just glad to have the computer back.

so i open it up, turn it on and being the curious person i am tested it out. tried to copy my files back on my computer and it turns off again.. so i try to view the files on my cd what does it do??? turns off again.. obviously not fixed at this point i call them back. they get me to put in os cd and load setup to format hd.. setup loads all files on blue screen comes to 3 options that i didnt even have time to read before it dies AGAIN..

now i have to wait for another box to sent it back and wait ANOTHER 6 WEEKS. Also the guy i spoke to yesterday was sending out info on an extended warranty for me to read and such. now that is null and void because now the computer has a known hardware issue. DUH i told you this was the issue the first time!!!

not impressed. this isnt the first hp product i have had problems with. After this, I wouldnt buy another hp or compaq even if i was very desperate. ARGH!!!!!!!!! sorry for the essay guys. i never could have imagined a hassle like this over such a common peice of technology.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
The only thing that is my fault is me not having any faults.
Quote:
My english teacher wanted to flunk me in junior high. Thanks a lot, next semester I'll be 35.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

lol quiet a story. One of my mate's mate's computer kept shutting off on him as well... but thats probably irrelavent.....so...i'll just....

GRENADE!

*runs off*

Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Kandi is offline Kandi

lmao what was wrong with your friends computer?

Quote:
Quote:
My english teacher wanted to flunk me in junior high. Thanks a lot, next semester I'll be 35.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:06 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
unlucky with the comp :/

i have to check out problems like this every day, might take a couple of hours to find the problem, not a few months muppets.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:22 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ask Scott about buying a MOB for it and CPU you maybe able to use the Ram Card in it on the new broad. it may cost some but in the long run it be working then you can yell at scott and get it fix on the spot lol.

Basic you use what you can save from HP crappy computer and rebuild it into a better computer system.

i use to have a trouble with my it was the CD-Writer hardware. it was emported into the country and sold from Gateway, seem it had a chip in it that would block it from being use inside the U.S aand it was tobe sold only in Asisa country. Gatway had to pay a big fine for that goofup. i replace the CD-writer same brand but i call the MFG of it they told me model number for right one to use in the USA no more trouble.

Ps girl: did you added in anything before all this happen new Hardware or software? update to the computer that may have made it crash asking

when you buy a big brand name MFG computer your basic buying the name on it and not always a great Computer they to slamp it together as will. Gateway for 3yrs they replace part for me UPS service. my never gone into the shop.

i build my new system no more error, and yes i save some items from the older system to use in it. some hardware i could not use not the right item for it.

could be the Power supply unit and not the mob at all, it over heat it will cut the system off totally. they may have replace the MOB a faster cheap reason for it save time. don't think they really work on it at all. have scott check the PSU
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-24-2006 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:01 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kandi
lmao what was wrong with your friends computer?
Pretty much the exact same thing as whats happened to yours...im not to familiar with the details but it kept shutting down on him frequently...but that was aeons ago.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:05 PM
the Medic™ is offline the Medic™

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP

could be the Power supply unit and not the mob at all, it over heat it will cut the system off totally. they may have replace the MOB a faster cheap reason for it save time. don't think they really work on it at all. have scott check the PSU
thats the most common reason why PC's shut down. try switching PSU (power suply unit) with a friends PC, or another computer just to check if it works. if not buy a new one that has over 350W.

im not sure on this one, but if u ever get a blue screen with bunch of text on it // errors, and numbers... then its ure RAM or mobo that needs to be checked up.

i myself has had all these problems so i know how to solve them lol.

i never send in my pc for repairs, they usually fu** things up / charge extra for it / extra delay. easyest way is to fix it ureself, that is if you know what ure doing, if u dont know ask us here at NHQ.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I think she forgot to mention it's a laptop. I think it's either a heat or a memory issue..

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 08-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Quote:
I think she forgot to mention it's a laptop. I think it's either a heat or a memory issue..
LMAO!

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 08-24-2006, 06:18 PM
the Medic™ is offline the Medic™

Quote:
i see, well ... is it getting any power? lol
i mean, if the power cable is not intact then the battery might be dead? .. not dead but ... close to empty.
might even be something wrong with the power cable, checked that? if the support b**tches sent it back the same as it was then it might be something else? ever thought of that?
Old 08-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

yes its funny isnt it? my point was after all that its still not fixed but thanks for the positive attitude mstenger.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

no batteries full and power cord works.. loaded it in bios and stuff didnt shut off.. can run simple stuff as long as it doesnt need to think (ie notepad and stuff) for a long time..

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Scattergun is offline Scattergun

Is it a Lithium battery because most of the major companies are REcalling the Lithium batteries especialy DELL and APPLY the cause overheating problems causing to comp to shut off and can catch fire

[Comp-1][Intel C2 2.6Ghz @ 2.9Ghz 10% Overclock][2 Gig DDR2 800][x1900 XTX 512mbCrossfire Edition][20 in LCD 8ms]

Old 08-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

this happens also when only the ac is plugged in.. the battery really makes no difference in her case..

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 08-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

yeah what he said

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
they wil not exchange it ether too late? asking
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

why would they do something so intelligent?

Quote:
Quote: