Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:09 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

A How-To for Medevacs and Medic Animations

The PM story so far:

11-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfake
Hey,

How to make a delta drag a ranger chalk. And yeah how to smoke a blackhawk on tail?
11-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don
Is your [REDACTED] hotmail address still valid? I have a map I can send you that demonstrates a medevac.

In the MED, one of the Blackhawks has the phrase "NO Die" in its name. This is an items.def attribute that allows the BH to take damage, but only down to 1 hp. Once it takes enough damage, it starts to smoke.

Matter of fact, I just tested an idea: using a .wac command to change any BH's hp to 1, all the BHs emit smoke.

But you could insert the NoDie BH and set up a guided RPG AI to attack it. That's how NL did it in the mission "Irene."
11-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Umm, yeah emails right and can you tell me how to drag a ranger without the medivac event (if ssn dead then evacuvate) also how to make a ranger act like doing an surgery or what so ever on an dead soldier like in Irene (Ranger Chalk 1).
11-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Insert the delta medic, open his Item Attributes, then activate the Guarding checkbox.

There are .wac commands that can force AIs into specific animations, but I don't know how to to get a corpse drag set up with them. I'll mess around with the question later tonight, though.
11-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Quote:
I did isolate the correct .wac action to get the AIs to go into the drag/be dragged animations, but because of the way the .wac interacts with the animations, they do the animation for a second, stop, go back to the animation, stop, and so on.

Also, each AI does the animation on its own... You know what? I'll just send you the map I tested this on.
11-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Quote:
send me here on novahq I can't access hotmail.
*Sigh*... Right.

Attachments below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip +4 drag.zip (4.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip MdvcDm.zip (9.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Nice work Baldo

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-06-2017, 07:02 PM
lolfake is offline lolfake
Delta Team Maps

Really you had to put all PM's here.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Old 11-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Delta Team Maps

Does the same delta procedure work with medic ranger or in my med ranger medic is called soldierwithstinger
Old 11-07-2017, 08:30 PM
SpecOpsSniper is offline SpecOpsSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfake View Post
Does the same delta procedure work with medic ranger or in my med ranger medic is called soldierwithstinger
while i was nine a make custom easy made maps one of the "People" i added is also the Medic Ranger although i was using DFBHD 1.0 and made it on a normal MEd after that i exported it and played the Medic Ranger does not uses the designeted 50. fpr him but instead he uses his Stinger to kill all the enemies
but the the only enemy on the map was only BlackHawks with chanhed AIs
so i think you do not need to make another AI for that Tahagamer if ypu know what im talking about
BTW
the Medic Ranger was err changed to a normal person NO STINGER
Old 11-07-2017, 08:31 PM
SpecOpsSniper is offline SpecOpsSniper

Last edited by SpecOpsSniper; 11-07-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Private
Old 11-08-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfake View Post
I just tested it. The Ranger medic also does the "operating" animation when he's set to Guarding in the Item Attributes.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
I did isolate the correct .wac action to get the AIs to go into the drag/be dragged animations, but because of the way the .wac interacts with the animations, they do the animation for a second, stop, go back to the animation, stop, and so on.

Also, each AI does the animation on its own... You know what? I'll just send you the map I tested this on.
Hi Baldo, that stuttering AI behaviour you described affects a few other things besides.

Though I haven't tested the map, from memory you can use a PLOOP wrapping a condition that's not checked every second by the WAC like alive or not dead, is team blue etc.

Then you add a variable, (area trigger, count or event etc) to turn it on and off.

Also from memory it can be a bit buggy when it comes to turning it off and returning to missions after death but for BHD it maybe OK.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Hi Baldo, that stuttering AI behaviour you described affects a few other things besides.

Though I haven't tested the map, from memory you can use a PLOOP wrapping a condition that's not checked every second by the WAC like alive or not dead, is team blue etc.

Then you add a variable, (area trigger, count or event etc) to turn it on and off.

Also from memory it can be a bit buggy when it comes to turning it off and returning to missions after death but for BHD it maybe OK.

Heh-heh! "PLOOP."

There might be some way to smooth the animation triggering, but it's a moot point in this situation. Getting the dragger to drag and the dragee to be dragged, both in continuous animations, is only the first hurdle. Getting the medic to "attach" to the casualty so that they both move together might be beyond .wac powers.

And really, in a perfect world, nothing DFBHD can do would be un-.wac-able, but...

For instance, "if group 1 is in area X" is not the same as "if group 1 is not outside of area X."

That's beside the point. The point is that "PLOOP" is a ridiculously funny thing to code.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:42 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
Heh-heh! "PLOOP."

There might be some way to smooth the animation triggering, but it's a moot point in this situation. Getting the dragger to drag and the dragee to be dragged, both in continuous animations, is only the first hurdle. Getting the medic to "attach" to the casualty so that they both move together might be beyond .wac powers.

And really, in a perfect world, nothing DFBHD can do would be un-.wac-able, but...

For instance, "if group 1 is in area X" is not the same as "if group 1 is not outside of area X."

That's beside the point. The point is that "PLOOP" is a ridiculously funny thing to code.
Yep...
PLO0p is a funny word alright but I reckon it does get you out of the (PlOOP) sometimes!

Anyways you could use the event editor and wac vars controlling distance from ssn to redirect or go to, increase decrease speed etc...

In a strictly programmatic sense I'd use "detect radial distance" from "object:ID" to "object:ID" add a direction (heading or vector)

If the engine was good enough you could also script for LOS, Character Classes, Health, Manna etc. (sound familiar?)
Old 11-21-2017, 06:55 PM
Delta Team Maps

Nope it didn't work on Joint Ops with the Somali Conflict mod
Old 12-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Delta Team Maps

No freaking smoking bh or working medics in joint ops with mod!