Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:53 PM
ChadB is offline ChadB

Map skins and colors

Hi everyone, I have built a few good maps, I'll be sharing them soon, any help appreciated with the skins and how to change the color of buildings and objects, I saw a few maps like that, and I think it's pretty cool, thanks for the help in advance.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadB View Post
Hi everyone, I have built a few good maps, I'll be sharing them soon, any help appreciated with the skins and how to change the color of buildings and objects, I saw a few maps like that, and I think it's pretty cool, thanks for the help in advance.
Hello ChadB,
AFIK to skin characters and objects etc., you'd have to make a mod of some sort.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:20 PM
Badger is offline Badger

Hi ChadB I have seen your maps you should get them uploaded nice maps. For skins on buildings, vehicles ect: you only to edit map file I will email you the numbers I use.

Last edited by Badger; 10-27-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:44 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Hi ChadB I have seen your maps you should get them uploaded nice maps. For skins on buildings, vehicles ect: you only to edit map file I will email you the numbers I use.
Thanks for sharing your maps Badger

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-28-2017, 09:46 AM
Badger is offline Badger

Your welcome Scott!
Old 10-28-2017, 05:44 PM
ChadB is offline ChadB

Thank you Scott, and Badger, I just shared my first map.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:03 PM
Badger is offline Badger

To change skin color on buildings, vehicles, trees etc: without making a mod. You have to follow these steps or it will reset back to default.

1. When you are done with map and now want to change the skin colors.
2. Take mis. file out of DFBHD folder and place it on your desk top.
3. Open it with notepad and look near the top for "terrain_color 0"
4. You can change the 0 from 1-20 I like 5. Then click on save.
5. Now move it back into DFBHD folder.
6.Open your dfbhdmed and then the mis file and don't change anything just click on "save as" and then "save and export" and that's it.
7. Open BHD and host it to see the colors

Note: If you want to try other colors you have to repeat these steps or if you edit map to make changes it will reset back to "0"

What I did was make a test map place all the building in a row, then all the vehicles in a roll also trees so I could see what each number changed. Some buildings will stay the same and vehicles will change. It's all up to your taste. Once you find your number it's easy for your next map.

Just remember after your map is complete you have to get the "mis" file out of BHD folder before you can open it with notepad and change it.

Someone asked me the other day and I referred him to here but I saw I didn't post how I did it. I just sent it to ChadB sorry my mistake. Mods are better but not easy this way is fast and works.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Badger; 06-17-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:44 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
To change skin color on buildings, vehicles, trees etc: without making a mod. You have to follow these steps or it will reset back to default.

1. When you are done with map and now want to change the skin colors.
2. Take mis. file out of DFBHD folder and place it on your desk top.
3. Open it with notepad and look near the top for "terrain_color 0"
4. You can change the 0 from 1-20 I like 5. Then click on save.
5. Now move it back into DFBHD folder.
6.Open your dfbhdmed and then the mis file and don't change anything just click on "save as" and then "save and export" and that's it.
7. Open BHD and host it to see the colors

Note: If you want to try other colors you have to repeat these steps or if you edit map to make changes it will reset back to "0"

What I did was make a test map place all the building in a row, then all the vehicles in a roll also trees so I could see what each number changed. Some buildings will stay the same and vehicles will change. It's all up to your taste. Once you find your number it's easy for your next map.

Just remember after your map is complete you have to get the "mis" file out of BHD folder before you can open it with notepad and change it.

Someone asked me the other day and I referred him to here but I saw I didn't post how I did it. I just sent it to ChadB sorry my mistake. Mods are better but not easy this way is fast and works.

Hope this helps
Yes it's a neat trick but this will not change any of the textures and the coloration is global as well isn't it..?

So some objects could be adversely affected - also I think you can do the same thing with an .env file.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Badger is offline Badger

I haven't seen any problems with any objects. I been using this for a long time just to give some maps different look especially tunnel maps have brighter walls and no it doesn't change the textures

I have Basement Wars, Tunnel Monkeys and other maps here with using this way to change color.

If you think this way can cause issues for map makers then delete my post, I don't want anyone to have issues with my method i use in my maps.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:40 PM
ChadB is offline ChadB

I used this method like Badger on many maps, and the skin colors are nice, makes the map different, never any issues. I use number 3, as Stadium pieces become bright white, looks cool.