Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:29 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

German tourist found dead in Kakadu park

THE body of a German tourist has been found in the Northern Territory's Kakadu National Park.

The 63-year-old set off on the 12km Barrk Sandstone walk, south of Jabiru, with no water on Friday morning and failed to return.

His wife, also German, raised the alarm, sparking an air and land search by emergency services last night and this morning.

His body was found this morning, 3km from a carpark, off the walking track.

A report is being prepared for the coroner.

-----
I always hate stories like this. 3k (less than 2 miles) in it
People really should be better prepared, and its not just australia, probably there are areas in most countries that you would struggle....
Old 10-31-2010, 04:47 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Yep, atleast water, water, water and water. True even in the cold and snowy north. And of course a quick and easy way to make fire

My photography website

Old 10-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Cold and snowy dehydrates almost as quickly as a desert, except you can acquire water
from snow, plants, dirt if you know what you are doing, you should sit tight, set up a rough shelter and wait!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
he should have walk with other as a group, doing the solo act at his age not (leave it that)
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

63 is hardly an age where he can't do stuff on his own, I mean for god sakes my dad is almost that old and he could climb a mountain on his own. This is just a sad accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 10-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
in the desert sleep in the day walk at night

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 11-01-2010, 01:05 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Lol....This happens almost weekly here in Australia, most of the time it's Euro or Yankee backpackers, lucky for them someone picks 'em up, last time it was a serial killer, but most the time they under estimate the heat go delerious and wander off, to leave their cool stuff, Ipad's etc for the abo's, who sells it for a cask of cheap wine.
Yeah! even Aussies do it, almost monthly some biker jumps his hog for 2-3 thousand mile skirt only to FAINT and be wiped out by a road train
Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Simon. View Post
63 is hardly an age where he can't do stuff on his own, I mean for god sakes my dad is almost that old and he could climb a mountain on his own. This is just a sad accident.
will we all can't say what shape a person be in or their health ether.

some hit the booze more then other and some can't stay in good health ether.

i bit if me and scott gone on a 5mil hike! he get there before i reach the haft way mark! hell i know KB 98% finish it in record time
Old 11-01-2010, 01:22 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Cold and snowy dehydrates almost as quickly as a desert, except you can acquire water
from snow, plants, dirt if you know what you are doing, you should sit tight, set up a rough shelter and wait!
Now I'm refering to the sub-arctic / arctic north as that's what I know, and eating snow or in other ways digesting cold things will become your death on the other hand, if you can heat it up you pretty much have endless supply of water

EDIT: 1 hour later after having gone off in to the arctic again in my mind, remembering as I a young boy in the 1980ies used to play around in the snow, go on trips with snowmobiles and getting survival knowlage from my grandfather and uncle. Damn it was awsome! I long for it so damn much that I just want to get on a plane right now! But cant

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 11-01-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:29 PM

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
"lucky for them someone picks 'em up, last time it was a serial killer."
Old 11-01-2010, 06:34 PM

Correct, extremely dangerous to eat snow when in those conditions , versus at Ayers Rock or Death Valley, it's "water" almost always there if you know how!
Always carry a plastic bag when trekking, it'll save your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentTrigger*MFA* View Post
Now I'm refering to the sub-arctic / arctic north as that's what I know, and eating snow or in other ways digesting cold things will become your death on the other hand, if you can heat it up you pretty much have endless supply of water

EDIT: 1 hour later after having gone off in to the arctic again in my mind, remembering as I a young boy in the 1980ies used to play around in the snow, go on trips with snowmobiles and getting survival knowlage from my grandfather and uncle. Damn it was awsome! I long for it so damn much that I just want to get on a plane right now! But cant

Last edited by Guest001; 11-01-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Always carry a plastic bag when trekking, it'll save your life.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:27 AM

You carry 2 condoms, so when you run outta water, you PEA, p!ss, urinate even into one condom, insert a tube, pen, shell casing into the end.
Slip the other condom over the other end of the tube, and gently bury in the unfilled condom in the sand, leaving the other condom with your pee exposed to the sun.
As the pee heats up it condenses in the covered condom, and it TASTES worse than any homemade beer EVER, but will keep you alive for 2-3 days...I know I was that man.

OR YOU CAN GO DOWNLOAD THE US ARMY SURVIVAL MANUAL ...FREE AT CLUB MED!!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Chief ADFP

pff

mermite that's too! much we need to know of your person life style or habitue!

i not even going to quite that at all. reading about it make me sick in the public forum.

^^Mermite^^
the woow man!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 11-03-2010, 12:56 AM

Willy!... the above post is for informational purposes only, it does work, it worked for me and many others since world war 2, had the Jerry been aware of this he may still be alive today, 3km or 3000 meters or 3000 yards aint far at all, but when dying of thirst, and at about 50 celsius, 120f, and lost, it might as well be on the moon.

You may well be disgusted with the concept of drinking urine, but NOW you know you can do it and LIVE...or
O DOWNLOAD THE US ARMY SURVIVAL MANUAL ...FREE AT CLUB MED!!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:47 AM

Jerry could have used one over his head
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
You carry 2 condoms, so when you run outta water, you PEA, p!ss, urinate even into one condom, insert a tube, pen, shell casing into the end.
Slip the other condom over the other end of the tube, and gently bury in the unfilled condom in the sand, leaving the other condom with your pee exposed to the sun.
As the pee heats up it condenses in the covered condom, and it TASTES worse than any homemade beer EVER, but will keep you alive for 2-3 days...I know I was that man.

OR YOU CAN GO DOWNLOAD THE US ARMY SURVIVAL MANUAL ...FREE AT CLUB MED!!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Jerry could have used one over his head
That better not have meant what I think it meant....
Closed Thread