Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:25 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

PUBLIC RELEASE: NovaHQ Heartbeat DLL (DF1-BHD)

THESE ARE THE SAME FILES THAT WERE APPROVED FROM THQ FOR THE GOG RELEASE!

Now that we have our own game lobby (http://nw.novahq.net), we also needed our own lobby reporting tools.

While I’ve been busy porting my host tool (Now supports DF1, DF2 and DFLW (soon TFD and BHD)) over to all DF games, some people might not want to deal with additional tools running or already have their favorite host tool. Because of that, I have created replacement DLL files that will load automatically with your game whenever you are hosting. They will report your game status to the NovaHQ and NovaWorld.cc lobby automatically so anyone can join your game. Additionally, these files can be used to create your own lobby or server status for your own website.

I’ve created DLL files for DF1 – BHD. All you need to do is download the archive, find your game version and replace the files in your game folder. These files will not affect gameplay in any way; they work with all mods and simply report your games online status when you are hosting a “NovaWorld” game session. By default they report your games online status to http://nw.novahq.net and http://novaworld.cc but you can add an additional lobby if you choose. I will be releasing some sample PHP scripts that will show you how to display this information on your own website or even create your own lobby.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO RUN THESE FILES?
Because when / if NovaWorld goes down, servers that are running these DLL files will have a steady lobby to use for players to join through. AND with our alternate Startup.htm files NovaWorld is no longer necessary for players to join games. Yes that means no login or account required. This makes it easy to join games, without having to use pingers or any other software. All the player needs to do is load their game, click play online, and select a server to play in. Just like the good old days.

THESE DLL FILES WILL NOT AFFECT GAME PLAY IN ANY WAY AND WORK WITH ALL MODS. YOUR GAME WILL STILL REPORT TO THE OFFICIAL LOBBY LIKE NORMAL. THESE ALSO WILL NOT AFFECT ANY HOSTING TOOLS YOU CURRENTLY USE.

Information that is reported with these files: Map Name, Current/Max Players, Game Type, Time Remaining, Game Name, Port, Player Name, Team, Weapon, Kills, Deaths etc. Pretty basic stuff. An example of a server running these files can be seen here: http://nw.novahq.net/df2/info/0001500

NovaHQ would also like to thank Thor from NovaWorld.cc for hosting alternate lobbies for all this time, allowing the community to continue playing these great games without NovaWorld.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NovaHQ Heartbeat DLL _Alternate Lobby Reporting DLLs_.jpg
Views:	16109
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	3785  

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq

Last edited by Scott; 08-26-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:35 PM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
Hi Scott, first off TY for the time and effort put into producing these tools.
Ok, i copied the files into the directory for the TIO Mod and i get the error

"Game not supported with this dll, please use the original, ask for help at NovaHQ.net"
Old 05-30-2017, 08:34 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Hi Blade. I have not tested it with the TIO mod. Does it does another .exe name other than dfbhd.exe? I will try and get the support built in.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:17 PM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
Hi Scott,
It uses TIOcoop92.exe
The mod is not out yet, still under beta testing for the moment.
I can give you the .exe if needed
Old 04-28-2018, 10:59 AM
Badger is offline Badger

I run a BHD server, I did notice when Nova was down for four days the only servers on the list was the ones that had HB installed. I downloaded your Heartbeat DLL 1.0.7 and looked at it. The file for BHD is APIClient.dll if I am correct. Is this the only file I need to put in main server game folder to make this work? LOL want to make sure before I shut server down and load file. Should I copy over file or keep original file and replace it with new one just in case?
Old 04-30-2018, 10:57 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I run a BHD server, I did notice when Nova was down for four days the only servers on the list was the ones that had HB installed. I downloaded your Heartbeat DLL 1.0.7 and looked at it. The file for BHD is APIClient.dll if I am correct. Is this the only file I need to put in main server game folder to make this work? LOL want to make sure before I shut server down and load file. Should I copy over file or keep original file and replace it with new one just in case?
Just copy all three files from the BHD archive to the games folder and overwrite the games APIClient.dll file. That is all you need to do. It will report the game to the two alternate lobbies as well as the official one if it ever comes back online.

Make sure to spread the word about this to other server hosts as well if you know them. It'll help keep the games alive on Novaworld.cc and nw.novahq.net without having to use another app like GameRanger