Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-08-2019, 03:27 PM
stompem is offline stompem
stompem's Avatar
Die Hard

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
The objects that Nova logic used in their game for destroyable objects the husk is really not there i'm using my own husk to use for less resource.

Some of the oil tankers that do explode will have an new husk instead of the old version that you used to play with NovaLogic.

I made the husk for all vehicles and destroyable objects to show up that there's nothing there because I know it uses a lot of resources using the X fiction of the model.
If it worked fine then why worry about the resource?
__________________

In It For The Game!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-08-2019, 03:34 PM
stompem is offline stompem
stompem's Avatar
Die Hard

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
The objects that Nova logic used in their game for destroyable objects the husk is really not there i'm using my own husk to use for less resource.

Some of the oil tankers that do explode will have an new husk instead of the old version that you used to play with NovaLogic.

I made the husk for all vehicles and destroyable objects to show up that there's nothing there because I know it uses a lot of resources using the X fiction of the model.

A lot of my objects that I added in like the nuclear missile, nuclear missile Warheads, new satellite dishes, rocket dish, spotlight,new radio equipment the 50 caliber, the mk19 shield, instead of the minigun shield Does not blow up!

the old tankers from Novalogic the old tankers from Deep Jungle the bridges from delta force extreme and joint operations some of the boats that joint Ops had there are a couple gas cans that are destroyable as well.

The reason to this is because I'm not trying to copy off of any other mod I used all new weapons that I bought with my own money I bought a lot of new vehicles flyable helicopters gunships transporters 2 mi-24 Hind gunship new little bird gunships comanche gunship all new tanks four wheeler dirt bikes flyable Jets Blimp from World War II planes and New style planes some of the jets can fit two players and some of them can fit one.

all new iron sights all new tank scopes all new helicopter pipes and iron sight all new weapon sounds for the newer weapons new sounds for the a-10 Warthog for the gun and the a-10 Warthog I put eliminate ai in because there is an invisible AI that you can use the drones to put a newer feel inside your map.

you got ground drones you got air drone you got the standard AI with stingers and javelin and RPG you have three different sniper Ghillie suit AI to snow desert and grass you have the yeti that I put in myself for snow Maps to bring back df1 game play you have a horse a new gator a bear a great white shark and one bird 3 ak47 3 pkm with snow desert and grass cammo.

This mod took me at least 3 years by myself putting it all together making new weapon templates making a lot of the vehicles work in the game lining up all the iron sights in the right positions making all the new sounds sound realistic.

I said of Syfy I don't have anything wrong about Syfy I love sci-fi but a lot of the issues that I've had in the past my sounds did sound like crap and they were really loud, and I do remember a lot of people saying that they wanted to see certain things inside the game, and I do remember those things and I tried my best from years ago I listened to the community while I did this mod, and I put those certain objects inside the game and made them work.

So if you guys that still are in the community that came out with an idea and you see it inside this mod that is from your idea all I had to do is put it inside the game I did my best and all I have to do is sit back and relax and watch you guys play it and post replies about how it plays but one other thing I am coming out with a novalogic Terrain pack bringing the Delta Force xtreme 2 terrain's in the rest of nova logic's terrain's into this mod no other but nova logic terrains will be in a terrain pack for this mod and that's it.
Good work and good luck
__________________

In It For The Game!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
If it worked fine then why worry about the resource?
See I never had the stuff in the mod in the first place so why don't you think that I had them in the first place see when it comes to modding I did what I like and I change the textures to make the game not lag as much as it does for join Ops dFX dfx2 bhd a lot of the problems with novologic their textures were too high graded I only change the textures to 256 x 256 to give the game or should I say mod a better i've advantage while playing the game so it doesn't lag when you're playing with the game it is my own research that I know that Nova Logics engine was a great engine but it wasn't great for a lot of things
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-09-2019, 01:47 AM
stompem is offline stompem
stompem's Avatar
Die Hard

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
See I never had the stuff in the mod in the first place so why don't you think that I had them in the first place see when it comes to modding I did what I like and I change the textures to make the game not lag as much as it does for join Ops dFX dfx2 bhd a lot of the problems with novologic their textures were too high graded I only change the textures to 256 x 256 to give the game or should I say mod a better i've advantage while playing the game so it doesn't lag when you're playing with the game it is my own research that I know that Nova Logics engine was a great engine but it wasn't great for a lot of things
It's up to the mapper not to overload maps.

Fixing things then ending up with things that don't work?

That's a compromise not a fix.

BTW - Why ppl think they know better and what's meant to be in the game more than the creators is beyond me.

As for myself it's not a preferred situation and I think you may be mistaken in changing the core, that's just my opinion on that point though.
__________________

In It For The Game!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-10-2019, 03:12 PM
stompem is offline stompem
stompem's Avatar
Die Hard

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,749

I can perfectly understand the requirement for lighter server overhead, more objects etc.

I'm happy to call these issues quirks and that it's probably best to make MP maps with no item critical events to avoid them.

That's all OK but I can't help saying that it narrows the scope a bit right while I'm looking more into the complexities of interactive AI maps.

Trying to stay interested in less complex projects is a little difficult...
__________________

In It For The Game!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
I can perfectly understand the requirement for lighter server overhead, more objects etc.

I'm happy to call these issues quirks and that it's probably best to make MP maps with no item critical events to avoid them.

That's all OK but I can't help saying that it narrows the scope a bit right while I'm looking more into the complexities of interactive AI maps.

Trying to stay interested in less complex projects is a little difficult...
I was the only one working on it and bud i just did my best i could and when to test it no one wants to put up a sever up to test the bugs I am sorry I am going back to work on my own game with my Team so i won't have a lot of time to work on the bugs.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-18-2019, 07:28 AM
stompem is offline stompem
stompem's Avatar
Die Hard

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,749

Delta Force Extreme 2 Project MapPics



__________________

In It For The Game!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-19-2019, 05:59 AM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Delta Force Extreme 2 Project MapPics



Grate Job stompem looking good....
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®