Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:15 PM
lotuspod6th is offline lotuspod6th

[DFLW] delta force landwarrior LAN problems, of course.

Hello, I'm new to the forums. I'm a 40 year old man with LAN problems. My buddies and I have gotten landwarrior to finally work on LAN after 20 something years of trying. At first it didn't seem to work but we read that you have to wait 5 minutes to join in, so we tried it and it seemed to work. Now we have went through numerous maps trying them out but only 12 maps were playable. How come the majority of the maps didn't work? And is there a way around the long wait time to join in? Yes, we have the game updated and exp's installed and mods installed. We have played these maps online before with no problems. We all are using ipxwrapper with win7. Last year we dual boot our pc's with xp to try the LAN out but could not get it to work till now. No internet at our home either. Thanks and keep up the good work.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Welcome to the forums

You might have better luck using a tool like IPRipper and NW Auth to join your local games. I've managed to make IPX work a few times but every time it was a hassle and it was never stable or consistant. Here is another way to do it. It seems difficult but it's really easy after you do it once or twice.

**** For all of this, do not use dflwlc.exe. Use only dflw.exe ****

Download the two programs here:
IP Ripper http://novahq.net/files.php?ID=18
NW Auth http://novahq.net/files.php?ID=711

Server HOST needs to find their LAN ip address. In a command window (Click "Start" and type "cmd". Open a Command Prompt and type "ipconfig". You're looking for IPv4 Address. Write this down, the clients will use this IP.

SERVER:
Open NWAuthenticator.exe before starting the game
Open game and host a session using NovaWorld as the server type (NOT IPX)

CLIENTS:
Make a backup of the Startup.htm in your game folder
Put the NovaWorld IPRip.exe program inside your game folder (where dflw.exe is)
Open NovaWorld IPRip.exe and type in the IP:Port of the lan server (default dflw port is 17478)
Example: 192.168.1.100:17478
Click "Create StartUp.htm".
Launch the game. When you click Play on NovaWorld and Accept you'll join your buddies local game with LAN speeds.

Let me know if this works for you.. This should work the same for TFD as well.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-03-2017, 02:18 PM
lotuspod6th is offline lotuspod6th

df games update lan

thank you for trying to help me out but your suggestion still did not work. any other ideas? i read somewhere that these games work fine LAN if you use windows 98 is that true? Also years ago when df3 was popular there was a room that had awesome maps and was always on the last page called something like "dentyutraining". I would like to see if any one could get ahold of these people to release their maps that they had. their maps were awesome and i loved them. ok again thanks
Old 10-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

What part of it didn't work for you?

That's the only way I know how to get it working. I tried it with all games, DF1 through BHD. The only other thing I can suggest is trying a program like IPXWrapper from here http://www.solemnwarning.net/ipxwrapper/

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq