Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
not going into detail on the battle yes it was very bad one of the worst in the war.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
P-90 is not an assault rifle its SMG and is full auto which means you need a automatic license to own. Same with the M-4 that rifle in the picture is 3 shot burst/semi and is military grade what you and your dad are looking for is a AR-15 which is semi only.

I fought in the Second battle of fallujah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Fallujah and never once used 3 shot burst on my M-4. semi is controllable and way more deadly in trained hands.
yeah I know it's sub machine gun. down here in NC they sell civilian versions of M4's, M16's, P90's and ak47's....etc they have been converted from automatic to semi auto for legal reasons.....

I would rather go with a P90, it's small and compact for defence in your home (cuz we live out in the middle of nowhere) and it fires a small 9mm bullet which is great for CQB. down here, you have to shoot your attacker within 20 feet. otherwise it's not considered self defence and you could get into ALOT of trouble.... kinda stupid but it's the law........

my dad wants a M4 or AK47 out of fear of civil war, is some ways, I don't blame him........

thanks for the info KB, there's no better advice then coming from a guy who fought with these weapons in Fallujah. I watch the military channel (I'm a bit of a war nut), and you're not kidding, they showed some video of it and it looked pretty rough.

*Salute* to KB again.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
2 more cents the P-90 is not a 9mm

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 09-13-2009, 04:19 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Stephen, is it true that they banned it so that you can't own an AK because i know my one friend had to give his to his dad so he could hide it at their farm and he (my friend) was in the army

Old 09-13-2009, 04:31 PM
HappyGoLucky

Quote:
2 more cents the P-90 is not a 9mm
sorry, 5.7x28mm. I was thinking of the MP5. dang it......

still, you get the idea, it's a small round. probably alittle cheaper then a 7.62 (AK47) or a 5.56 and 2.23 round also...... not really sure as I've never checked into it.....
Old 09-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Administrator

5.7x28mm will cost alot more than 7.62 because its a rare round. the P-90 is a great weapon but unless you get it in full auto your wasting your time. the whole idea behind the weapon is that it shoots an insane amount to rounds at your target for knock down power and stoppage. with single shot you lose that and the weapon just becomes a expensive underpowered heavy pistol.

I personally use a 10mm Delta Elite for home defense its a very powerful pistol and has more knock down than a .357 mag. I use ripper rounds in my home defense mags it does not matter if i hit in the shoulder with this weapon it would put a 250 pound guy on his ass.

-- C.S. Lewis
Old 09-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I've read some good damn things about the 416...

Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-14-2009, 07:28 AM
HappyGoLucky

Quote:
5.7x28mm will cost alot more than 7.62 because its a rare round. the P-90 is a great weapon but unless you get it in full auto your wasting your time. the whole idea behind the weapon is that it shoots an insane amount to rounds at your target for knock down power and stoppage. with single shot you lose that and the weapon just becomes a expensive underpowered heavy pistol.

I personally use a 10mm Delta Elite for home defense its a very powerful pistol and has more knock down than a .357 mag. I use ripper rounds in my home defense mags it does not matter if i hit in the shoulder with this weapon it would put a 250 pound guy on his ass.
yeah I see what you would mean, in that case I would go with the AK47. if some criminal broke in and saw you had an AK pointing at him, I think he would know that you mean some serios buisness...... LOL

as for a pistol I've always felt a colt .45 would be better. I've heard that at close range, a 9mm tends to pass thru a human body with causing much less damage then a 45 because it's such a small and fast moving round. is that true?

a 45 would be a slower-moving big chunk of lead that'll really stop someone in their tracks.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Administrator

yes 9mm does not have very good knock down. the 45 is a perfect round for home defense and is cheap. Also there are a lot of different 45 models and brands to choose from. I own a couple 45's and love every single one.

-- C.S. Lewis
Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Sen is offline Sen
OG

Oh, the fun one can have with a webcam.
For curiosity's sake:

1. I'm the guy on the left
2. The guy on the right didn't really die
3. The shiny long thing I was holding is a shoe horn, the wooden thing he was holding is an.. er.. sliding door stopper thing. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
@Sen: your avatar creeps the hell outta me
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 AM
HappyGoLucky

Quote:
yes 9mm does not have very good knock down. the 45 is a perfect round for home defense and is cheap. Also there are a lot of different 45 models and brands to choose from. I own a couple 45's and love every single one.

ok cool, thanks for the info bro.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:04 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean™ View Post

For curiosity's sake:

3. The shiny long thing I was holding is a shoe horn, the wooden thing he was holding is an.. er.. sliding door stopper thing. :x
lol haha nice
Old 09-14-2009, 02:18 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Quote:

For curiosity's sake:

that is awesome

Old 09-14-2009, 05:30 PM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
if i had one, i would probably want the original colt m1911

Quote:

For curiosity's sake:

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 09-14-2009, 06:08 PM
HappyGoLucky

Quote:
if i had one, i would probably want the original colt m1911
ooraah.......
Old 09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

you guys have been talking about weapons all throught this page :o
Old 09-14-2009, 08:03 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
you guys have been talking about weapons all throught this page :o
thats pretty much all people have posted pictures about, except for sean

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

R.I.P Murphy
Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Sen is offline Sen
OG

I do like to bring a little variety. :3

Took this one on my first trip to Grand Canyon NP. Some guy just walked right into the frame and decided to step reaally close to the edge.
And no, he didn't fall down.

Also: here's a more wallpaper-sized version.

Quote:
@Sen: your avatar creeps the hell outta me
Old 09-15-2009, 04:18 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
I do like to bring a little variety. :3

Took this one on my first trip to Grand Canyon NP. Some guy just walked right into the frame and decided to step reaally close to the edge.
And no, he didn't fall down.

Also: here's a more wallpaper-sized version.
Jump! Jump! Jump!

R.I.P Murphy
Old 09-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

nice avatar sean