Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:24 PM
B3no is offline B3no

my new website

www.richardbeno.co.uk

basic and simple portfolio

what do you think?

Old 04-11-2008, 05:27 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
It is kind of plain. The logo is huge as well.

Like the photos though.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:49 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
very nice photos

Old 04-12-2008, 03:01 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
looks really nice m8, love the panner pic.

for me there is too much typing on the main page, and although each section does have a separator, the whole page just looks like one big load of text that you gotta face it ppl will just not read.

as much as you might hate to, put your testimonials on a diff page, and maybe list your services on the main page rather than a few paragraphs.

maybe some rollovers or something for the "Home Portfolio About Contact" part? it would be nice if it's a bit more clear what your about to click on

overall it hink it's clean and the colours are nice to. tbh i think the only thing that doesn't match is your logo with the red on it, which is a shame, cause it's pretty cool.

but geep up the work, cause you have a good eye, and the protography is great also.

if you coule leaver some more of your photos on the main page it might be nice, some thumbnails or maybe have 5 or 6 banners that randomly change when you refresh the site?
Old 04-12-2008, 03:22 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve

for me there is too much typing on the main page, and although each section does have a separator, the whole page just looks like one big load of text that you gotta face it ppl will just not read.

as much as you might hate to, put your testimonials on a diff page, and maybe list your services on the main page rather than a few paragraphs.

maybe some rollovers or something for the "Home Portfolio About Contact" part? it would be nice if it's a bit more clear what your about to click on

overall it hink it's clean and the colours are nice to. tbh i think the only thing that doesn't match is your logo with the red on it, which is a shame, cause it's pretty cool.

but geep up the work, cause you have a good eye, and the protography is great also.

if you coule leaver some more of your photos on the main page it might be nice, some thumbnails or maybe have 5 or 6 banners that randomly change when you refresh the site?

I like the quotes thingy, because that plays a big part in advertising your skills. Nice.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
B3no is offline B3no

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Thanks alot for these comments dude really appreciated, i never really thought the logo fit in, i just thought that it might 'stand out' from the page to show and get into the viewers mind with the different color. i'll take into mind some of the comments you've said and give it a go see what i can come up with

Cheers for comments all

b3no

Old 07-15-2008, 11:56 AM
B3no is offline B3no

Done abit of editing - changed all the banners added some new ones, also changed the about page and portfolio to show more what i've done

what do you think? :P

www.richardbeno.co.uk

Old 07-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
nice update
Old 07-15-2008, 01:39 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Make the bullets aligned. There is no point to a bullet point if it is centered.

Looks good though.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
mrg is offline mrg

nice

Old 07-15-2008, 02:51 PM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
Cardiac

i like how you incorporated your designs into the layout. like when you click on a piece of your portfolio, it shows somewhat of a preview and explains what you did.

i really like it. the only thing i dont care for is the colors you used for the layout. stick with greys. im not a fan of the blue pastel color.

nice work though man.