Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

ewwww, all green

was bored so i played round with my NVD, its not really that grainy the camera wont focus that close too good.

this aint the new 1 i got, it is a old t3c-2 NV scope, the i i got the other day is a lot brighter.

the thing in the red circle is a street light 200yrds from where i was and thats how dark it is outside.

notice the diffrence in light amplification, it is sortof bright looking thru them when ya can barly see ya hand without.

ill try to get a pic from the new 1.

oh and cool part, with the new NVD i got ya can use a scout mount scope in a long eye relife and ya can use the nightvision with it omiting the need for a NV scope.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Hmmm not bad. I can still esaily remember what it looked like when i first peered through the sights of a night vision set. For some reason i can remember the fine white grain that would flicker across the green screen...
Old 11-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
On OFP I love that white grain lol.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-27-2006, 05:45 AM
~Sgt.Squirmitz~ is offline ~Sgt.Squirmitz~

Sometimes flashlights work better than night-vision goggles. If your using NVG the enemy won't see your flashlight beam, but it doesn't matter if they don't, because you won't see them, anyway. Get it?

~Semper Stupidus~

Old 11-27-2006, 05:13 PM

i can see a person size figure, quite well too, even when they sitting still, even thoe the color is all screwed up ya still got the shape and outline , unlesss they are wearing a veil to break up the outline of their body then it gets a little harder.

didnt get them for that anyway, got them to drive without lights, and have done so too, i even have a IR light on the front of my 4X4 and switches to turn off the backup and brake lights, just dont try going over 40mph lol, gets kindof spooky being ya aint got any periferal.

but, yes NVD does have its drawbacks and advantages, advantages being that some1 with can see better than some1 wothout and a flashlight can be useful to an extent but makes a nice shootme symbol in the dark of night (bright spot ), but there is a tactic with a flashlight that in a house ya can roll it across the floor and sometimes the baddies will sooot at it thinking it is you and ya can pinpoint their position.
and ya can tie a flashlight to a treebranch that sways in the wind and thell have to go investigate it and thell have to move and makes them easier to see.

everthing that can be used has it drawbacks and advantages guns included, but it is better to have a item and not need it then to need it and not have it.

whats real funny is that the police and military have these new imaging systems that see thru thermal detection, the older ones ya can use a candle and a piece op PVC pipe and fool them into thinking there is a person there for the billowing effect of the candle and pvc makes it look like a human torso and this will bring them in close for a kill.

helos that have this system, even the newer systems, can also be lured in close for the top soil has a diffrent decoposition rate and heat signiture than the under soil due to all of the dead leaves and such that are in it, ya can take a tiller or something else and disturb the top soil in a fashon that indicates bunker or other signifagant structure, and thru this heat imaging it shows up as a bright spot and it will make them waste time and energy investigating this spot and takes that much more time and effort off of you.

and taking out helo is easier than it looks, all you need is to lure it in close and have a cable achored to the ground and a means to propell it into the rotors and it will ball the cable up arpund the rotors and , lol ever got into a vine with a weedeater? same diffrence, and even the most hevely armored system can be grounded.

and when the little hightec toys arnt there it is a whole diffrent world.

like any1 with some money and the know how can turn a regular gps system into a gps scrambler and a waterjet can take out the little UAV systems that are the size of a large bird.
ya can modify ya common household CB, or FM,GHZ walkitalkies and jam their comlinks, done that with a regular 2-way 15$US cobra GHZ frequency walkitalkie, just replace some parts and mod a few and instead of a signal ya sen out 30watts of a high pitched tone on all channels rendering comlinks useless.

and yes even the nice NVD like the pvs-7 and ither systems with the automatic light shutoff that shuts the unit off during high light situations, that can be a great drawback.

ya put IR floodlights 500w+ on the outside of ya structure(diffeent circuit required) and if they are using these wonderfull hightec NVDs flip them on and it will render them unable to use their NVDs with the auto shutoff, but even it they dont shut off the glair will prevent them from seing too good.

but ya can still use the cheap 300$ gen1 goggles wuthout the auto shutoff, it just looks like a bright sunny day outside just green when looking out the window, and unless they use floodlights( what small sweepteam has a Floodlight in their back pocket) ya have a grate advantage over them.

like everything else the more complicated something is the more subseptable to primative attack it is.

thats why i love history, for the info for defeating everything tech is in there and has been proven to work.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 11-27-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:34 PM

Woah thats one hell of a read! Some nice hints when im out hunting intruders in the night...(the only night vision i rely on is my natural in-built night vision. I eat carrots whenever i can just to improve my vision at night! MWAHAHAHAHA)

Just a question tho, do your NVGs come with like a sort of infra red ability thing? The ones i used came with one, and if you turned them on, you could see other people's NVG laser light so easily, whereas its invisible to the naked eye (put some clothes on, eye!). In my opinion, the built in infra red thing was pretty useless. It was only there to see if other people had their infra red ability on.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:49 PM

yup it has one built in.

the IR led (Light Emitting Diode) is there to ofer some light for CQ basicly so ya can see inside a structure or where there is no light like moon, star light to amplify, and it is only designed for close up, unless ya get those IR LASER lights and ya are talking over 100$US for 1 of those, but ya can do like i did and take a IR_LED ans solder it into a regular flashlight bulb case and put it in a flashlight and it will go a bit farther.

i never use mine unless i try to read a map or if im inside the house when the lights are off, works great for that.
but like ya said it stands out like a sorethumb if the otherguy is wearing NVD too.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:05 PM

Yeah. Gotta be careful with the depth perception problem too...
Old 11-29-2006, 11:43 AM

with the double tube system depth perception aint to bad, thats why i went with it instead of the biocular like the pvs series.

periferal is out thoe, unless ya are looking at it ya dont see it.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:12 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
and taking out helo is easier than it looks, all you need is to lure it in close and have a cable achored to the ground and a means to propell it into the rotors and it will ball the cable up arpund the rotors and , lol ever got into a vine with a weedeater? same diffrence, and even the most hevely armored system can be grounded.
all u need to do is get a shotgun, wait for it to get close and fire towards the engine block for main rotor.. happened in iraq/afghan

i still dont c y u need all this stuff, ever considered been a mercenary? cos u must have enough equipment 2 b 1..
Old 11-29-2006, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BB
all u need to do is get a shotgun, wait for it to get close and fire towards the engine block for main rotor.. happened in iraq/afghan..
hmm, thall work too if it gets shot into the turbines.

Quote:
Originally posted by BB
i still dont c y u need all this stuff, ever considered been a mercenary? cos u must have enough equipment 2 b 1..
good idea, but who said i wasnt one already, lol
Old 11-29-2006, 08:53 PM

thats what i wanna be when i grow up...hey wait i already am old enough. Anyone know of any mercenary recruitment centres?