Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

NSO Deadline Mod Beta

The NSO Deadline Mod beta version installer is now available.

GameFront Mirror:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22420...Lb_Install.exe

Novahq.net Mirror:
http://novahq.net/?show=utilities&cmd=get_file&id=412

Sorry I kept you waiting, everybody.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dfbhdts-NSODeadLineBeta.jpg
Views:	4553
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	3616  

Last edited by Scott; 08-04-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Do you have anymore information on this mod?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM

I haven't gotten around to putting together a presentation thread for it yet, but it'll have this video in it:

And I've posted screen shots in various random posts at the DFReload and NW2. Ted Smelly started this thread about it at the TIOcoop.net forums:

http://tiocoop.net/modules.php?name=...iewtopic&t=507

I'll attach a screen shot of the main screen I made just now, too.

I'm actually hoping some players will get the mod, whip up some maps, and post videos on YouTube.

That's about all the info I can scrape together in ten minutes, but I'll keep watching this thread for specific questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NSODL_120926.jpg
Views:	1716
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	3539  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 PM
grenadier501 is offline grenadier501
JO mod maker

Cool, does it requires the NSO mod to play or its included in the zombie mod?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
I'm quite confused. I downloaded, installed, and ran the mod, but it's basically a few of what look like test maps and such. Are there any SP missions? Am I missing something?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadier501 View Post
Cool, does it requires the NSO mod to play or its included in the zombie mod?
NSO mod is not required, it's included, hence the name NSO Deadline Mod. There are also some TIO mod items, effects, and their .exe, allowing more items for maps, coop play and no CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- View Post
I'm quite confused. I downloaded, installed, and ran the mod, but it's basically a few of what look like test maps and such. Are there any SP missions? Am I missing something?
There are some campaign missions that are not optimized, and the ZombieRuinedCityB is pretty fun, and all those test maps I just threw in for fun, except for the Baldo's Mod Sound Test, which allows direct comparison between sound performance in the original DFBHDTS and the mod. There are also some not-yet-optimized coop maps you can play in a LAN serve and play.

Also keep in mind that I've made improvements and changes that will make original campaign missions a little different.

And lastly, the mod comes with the NSO version of the consumer MED, and the TIO version of the unlocked MED, and that my items.def and MED related .bin file edits have improved that experience a bit, too.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM
DF2 Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
NSO mod is not required, it's included, hence the name NSO Deadline Mod. There are also some TIO mod items, effects, and their .exe, allowing more items for maps, coop play and no CD.

There are some campaign missions that are not optimized, and the ZombieRuinedCityB is pretty fun, and all those test maps I just threw in for fun, except for the Baldo's Mod Sound Test, which allows direct comparison between sound performance in the original DFBHDTS and the mod. There are also some not-yet-optimized coop maps you can play in a LAN serve and play.

Also keep in mind that I've made improvements and changes that will make original campaign missions a little different.

And lastly, the mod comes with the NSO version of the consumer MED, and the TIO version of the unlocked MED, and that my items.def and MED related .bin file edits have improved that experience a bit, too.
I've ran my way through ZombieRuinedCityB several times in the Single Player menu (superb map btw), but shouldn't there be zombies somewhere? There are literally no enemies anywhere in the map, thus my confusion.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- View Post
I've ran my way through ZombieRuinedCityB several times in the Single Player menu (superb map btw), but shouldn't there be zombies somewhere? There are literally no enemies anywhere in the map, thus my confusion.
Now I think I got it. You see, you're not mentioning the awesome music playing in some of the wrecked vehicles or the wicked sights on the AK47, so I'm thinking you're running the game without the mod at all. If you start that mission and the default primary is not the AK47, you immediately win the "Eliminate all Resistance" goal even though it never shows, and you don't hear a loop from The Cure's "Fascination Street" coming from the wrecked european car in the road directly east of spawn, then you're not running the mod.

I may have botched the installer, and the shortcuts on the desktop are not right, or you may have started the NSODL.exe by direct double-click. Or something even more unfathomable has happened...
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

What game version is it for?

EDIT: Sorry found out it's for TS which is already a Mod. Oh well.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM
JO mod maker

I can't play this mod in coop via LAN, the others can't join my coop server, no mather what I do they always get the SYSDUMP.TXT and the game crashes. This only happens when trying to play COOP, but the other game types work fine, why? game bug?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
What game version is it for?

EDIT: Sorry found out it's for TS which is already a Mod. Oh well.
Now that I think about it, we made infected versions of TS teammates, but we didn't replace the originals, we made them as new items, with their own models and skins, so that shouldn't be a problem. We don't have any TS weapons, either. I think the NSODL mod is playable without Team Sabre, but I have not tested this. I could be wrong.

We'll say it's for DFBHDTS until it's been tested otherwise.

Quote:
I can't play this mod in coop via LAN, the others can't join my coop server, no mather what I do they always get the SYSDUMP.TXT and the game crashes. This only happens when trying to play COOP, but the other game types work fine, why? game bug?
I can start a LAN serve and play, tony and I have tested the First Encounter Coop map together in a server, but that was a good long while ago. At this point, your guess is as good as mine. I may have made fatal construction errors in newer versions of the maps, but they aren't crashing my system, so...
Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 AM
DF2 Forever

Yes, Baldo. You described my problem exactly. I didn't even have desktop icons enabled, so I didn't see the correct shortcuts to run the game.

I see the campaign now. Can't wait to start, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow with school/work and all dominating the day. I appreciate the effort still being put into this game. I'll review it ASAP.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM
JO mod maker

Quote:
I can start a LAN serve and play, tony and I have tested the First Encounter Coop map together in a server, but that was a good long while ago. At this point, your guess is as good as mine. I may have made fatal construction errors in newer versions of the maps, but they aren't crashing my system, so...
Yes, I can start a LAN serve and play too, but the problem is the other players, they can't join my coop server, when their loading bar is complete, the SYSDUMP.TXT error appears and their game crashes.. This only happens in coop
Old 10-10-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, I can start a LAN serve and play too, but the problem is the other players, they can't join my coop server, when their loading bar is complete, the SYSDUMP.TXT error appears and their game crashes.. This only happens in coop
SYSDUMP at 99% load bar? That's the .wac file. I'll look into it.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:39 AM

/d?
/ exp/mod/mymod?
I don't really know but could it be the path?

Last edited by Guest001; 10-11-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
/d?
/ exp/mod/mymod?
I don't really know but could it be the path?
Nothing that complicated. I think it's just all the stuff I put in the .wac. It's well-known that the only things that should ever be in a .wac for an MP map are ssnride events and maybe text/consol messages. I've wedged a few ss2ssn and sound actions into it, and they may not be compatible with MP and/or coop play. I had hoped to get away with it. They work when I host a serve and play, but...

And then there's always the possibility that the low-health effect I added to the game.wac is the problem. Again, my testing 'til now has been all GO, so...

I'd suggest this for a Mickey Mouse job: create a blank .wac file and name it cp_fsten.wac, drop it in the game folder, and let it supercede the one in the .pff. If that helps, well then, we'll have a strong clue to the solution, then, won't we?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 AM

My experience is when the WAC reaches an error in the script it can stop there and all WAC events from there forward can halt but I'm sure I've never personally seen it cause this sort of error?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:17 AM

Oh, yeah, all you need to do is forget an 'n' at the end of a 'then' or misspell a trigger (snnarea gets me all the time), or have more than 63 characters in a text or consol line, or any of a dozen other human errors and the .wac will crash the game at 99% load bar. Not load incorrectly, not return to main screen, I mean full on SYSDUMP and crash to desktop.

It's fairly annoying. Especially since you're right that there are some .wac errors that the game will just shrug off. I can't think of any at the moment, though.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 PM
DF2 Forever

I've had the privilege of playing the mod for a while now, and I must say... it's absolutely brilliant. Folks, if you haven't tried it yet, you MUST. In terms of working with what you have, it's the best mod for any game that I've ever played.

The environments/maps are perfect and designed with extreme attention to detail. The zombies are believable and behave just as you would expect. Without spoiling too much, I'll just say that you must kill them in the way you would expect to kill zombies, and the runners will scare the **** out of ya. The sounds fit extremely well with the maps and help create a believable apocalypse-type environment. I never played the original NSO mod (big mistake, obviously), so I'm not sure if the weapons are new to this mod or were included with the original NSO, but they're all very fun to control and can be very zombie-effective.

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***
I do have a few *minor* complaints. Namely, the flare-throwing zombies make gameplay incredibly difficult in spots, especially since the environments are too dark to spot them. The experience does add to the thrill since you are temporarily blinded, only to have your vision clear up and see a drooling freak right in your face. However, the fact that these affect your health is a bit too much, IMO. I'm tempted to rob the .mis files and remove them myself so I can actually finish a mission (yes, in 2 hours of gameplay, I've yet to finish "First Encounter"). The menu graphics and such are great, but the contrast is hard to make out in some areas (such as the briefings). Finally, I believe the storyline could have used a bit more depth. An instant, city-wide outbreak after a crash and subsequent random herds doesn't interest me as much as a developing storyline.
***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Overall, the environments, sounds, zombies, etc. all combine to create a thrilling experience that truly leaves you feeling overwhelmed and fighting for survival. I was legitimately scared throughout most of my gameplay.

P.S.: Leave the cars alone.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Oh, yeah, all you need to do is forget an 'n' at the end of a 'then' or misspell a trigger (snnarea gets me all the time), or have more than 63 characters in a text or consol line, or any of a dozen other human errors and the .wac will crash the game at 99% load bar. Not load incorrectly, not return to main screen, I mean full on SYSDUMP and crash to desktop.

It's fairly annoying. Especially since you're right that there are some .wac errors that the game will just shrug off. I can't think of any at the moment, though.
I guess I am talking about DFX2. The BHD WAC has different syntax if you look at the 2 compared so there may be a stability difference there.