Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft Anything about the World of Warcraft series of games.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:17 PM
JonM is offline JonM

I'm going to buy WoW

Hey i'm going to buy WoW...is the first month free if I buy the game? How many characters can you have on one account? How close is it to guild wars? is it better or worse than guild wars? Any suggestions for noobs? (pre - purchase questions lol)
Old 07-03-2006, 02:10 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
Yes, you get a month free, as far as i know. You can also buy the game now with a 2 month game card inside. It is like $14.95 a month but i usually just go out and spend $30 and get a 3 month game card. You can make as many characters as you want. There are around 150 US servers and you can make like 12 characters per realm. so you can have like roughly 1800 characters. Its a lot better than guildwars. Its so much better than guild wars. Always stuff to do and blizzard always has something different weekly. If you wanna find out more, go to www.worldofwarcraft.com

many of WoW websites...

www.curse-gaming.com[mod website]
www.thottbot.com[wow search engine]
www.wow.allakhazam.com[community site]
www.wowwiki.com

btw if you get it, I am on the realm/server Sargeras on alliance side. My name is Teejay there. Feel free to make your character there or choose from many other servers. I have helped quite a few of df players get into the game and some play on my realm now.

Here are a couple of videos of what you can do at later lvls(60)

All these videos where recorded and made by me.

All of these videos are boss kills with 40 people playing.

(some innapropreate language in thses videos, you have been warned)

http://files.filefront.com/nexusdoes.../fileinfo.html (top 15 kill in the world)
http://files.filefront.com/twinempsw.../fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/Nexusdoes.../fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/NexusEmer.../fileinfo.html

and my guild website..
www.nexus-guild.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 07-03-2006, 02:25 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
and i guess some of those videos could get rather boring if you dont understand whats going on lol

Quote:
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 07-03-2006, 02:39 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
the only thing i found interesting about WoW, is leeroy jenkins

i saw some videos on youtube a while back ... wow is really not for me, you can download a free demo from Here

dont know how long its for, if its like any other demo, its play before you pay

edit: 10 day trial

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 07-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

why does everybody relate leeroy to all WoW players.. gawd

well anyways, lucky you, i dont have the money to pay for offical :<
Old 07-05-2006, 03:46 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Thanks man got the game and have my lvl 10 undead mage doing well. once i get him up i'll come play in that server I'm excited wow is def. a fun game. the month fee was at first annoying but now i don't really care :P
Old 07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
teej is offline teej

yeah fyi, you cannot transfer your current character from one server to another. The only way you can do that is to pay blizzard a $25 fee and they will transfer your character to another server but it takes around a week so you wouldnt be able to play for a week.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
JonM is offline JonM

well i'm probaly going to make a gnome rogue on the server your on ... i just love the Zul'Jin Server a lot and now my friends on it too...but i've been wanting to make a gnome rogue so your realm will do good
Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Buzz is offline Buzz

Send a message via Yahoo to Buzz
They must be making a killing on people paying per month. I still can't bring myself to do that.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:31 AM
JonM is offline JonM

Yeah the $15.00 is a lot to get past...I don't honestly think that it needs to even be that high, but the game is fun addicting, and I mean they have in game Game Masters to help you out in case your having trouble, game wise or tech wise. So I can pay a little bit of money to have fun with my friends and what not.

TeeJay your realm was maxed out and i was like 150 waiting to get on and I said not right now. I want to make a character so if it's always maxed out I'm screwed! it was probaly just cuz it was the night time though!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

oooooooooooooooooo undead mage roxorz
Old 07-07-2006, 09:02 PM
JonM is offline JonM

btw nice boss kills i've just gone through my first instance and they are fun as hell. the only time i stop playing are when i have to leave (i'm on here because i'm still installing it on this comp lol) the game is sooooo addicting. and i mean now i'm getting some elite quests and starting to make some serious bank and owning :P. The games fun and I'd definetly suggest pming me if you'd like a free 10 day trial. Cause if you like it, and choose to buy it i'll get another free month
Old 07-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Lucky is offline Lucky

What instance? Shadowfang? JW
Old 07-08-2006, 01:27 PM
JonM is offline JonM

The one is orgimmar i think it's like RFC i can't remember though lol. it was fun. it had these weird snakes and then these like mechancical monster things lol. it was fun.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

Great, Im gettin offical in a couple weeks, I just found out my cousins play it also :P So ill give you a hollar sometime when i get it
Old 07-09-2006, 02:10 AM
JonM is offline JonM

Well i'm Illthor on the Zul'Jin server (just normal) so feel free to give me a shout out just hit lvl 15. want to hit lvl 16 but the server is lagging out :O I've just upgraded my armor, so i've just lost some major $$ but i don't get any new spells until 16 so i'm freaking out! lol!!!! but yeah. I'm excited, i'm starting to really make some bank now, and the quests are really getting intresting and tuff. it's funny to think that i bashed this game when i went to lan places, as of this is the addiction, this is the only game for me lol. the RFC instance is way fun, and I almost have every quest for that dungeon complete. I'm then hoping to find a new dungeon. ^^ The item drops in dungeons are unbelieavably giving lol.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

If your undead the funnest ones for me were Scarlet Monostary and Stratalome, and maybe Scholomance, but the last 2 are 60+ instances and scarlet monostary is 30+
Old 07-09-2006, 01:04 PM
teej is offline teej

sm= 36+(in library)38+(in armory and cath)

scholo is like 58+ depending on the kidn of you group have. But since its a 5man isntance now, its a little tougher bring in lower lvls so you dont see lower lvls as often anymore.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2006, 01:48 PM
JonM is offline JonM

wo0t teejay i was dumb...i'm making a gnome rogue on your server now, I won't be playing him as much until my other char is lvl 60 and i've had some fun with him for a while,