Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:34 PM
Urnodaisy is offline Urnodaisy

Wink Game Worth Watching?

There is a game that is being talked about as a "spiritual" successor to Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. The game is titled "Leave No Man Behind" and the Alpha testing phase is about to begin. From what I have gathered, it would be picked up by THQ is they feel it's worthy.

I joined a FB page called "Delta Force: Black hawk Down- Old School Gamers" and there is supposed to be an Alpha Test sign up sheet in the next week or two. There are YouTube vids with various development updates on the game.

While I won't hold my breath when it comes to these things, my desires for DF/JO play style waxes great. At a minimum, it's worth keeping an eye on.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:50 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Yup, I've been following the project too. So far it seems to be coming along great.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 02-07-2019, 12:48 PM

They are getting ready to release a teaser. Here are some screens they just released. Psyched!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leave No Man Behind Alpha.jpg (272.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg LNMB URBAN SHOT.jpg (171.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg LNMB URBAN SHOT1.jpg (192.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg LNMB URBAN SHOT2.jpg (155.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg LNMB URBAN SHOT3.jpg (257.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 02-15-2019, 08:04 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Unfortunately, it looks like Multiplayer only and with no editor in sight it's a little disappointing
Old 02-16-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Unfortunately, it looks like Multiplayer only and with no editor in sight it's a little disappointing
I remember that Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising didn't have a single player. I know the other titles did. I know there are many who like the single player and even some who only play single player but it doesn't affect me because I haven't played a single player campaign for a PC game since MoH:AA.

They are supposed to have a map editor if irc. I have to admit that I haven't enjoyed a decent PC multiplayer since BFBC2 (awful hit registration) and am desperate to return to the game mechanics offered by NovaLogic game titles.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:14 AM

New Pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51615264_993255164395613_6498668050110218240_o.jpg (309.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-17-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urnodaisy View Post
I remember that Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising didn't have a single player. I know the other titles did. I know there are many who like the single player and even some who only play single player but it doesn't affect me because I haven't played a single player campaign for a PC game since MoH:AA.

They are supposed to have a map editor if irc. I have to admit that I haven't enjoyed a decent PC multiplayer since BFBC2 (awful hit registration) and am desperate to return to the game mechanics offered by NovaLogic game titles.
Look again my friend, single player training missions took the place of a campaign style mission format and AFIK Unreal engine 4 doesn't have an exportable editor.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:27 AM

Anyway Urnodaisy, I was only a little disappointed in some aspects, there's no denying UE4 is a great engine and I'll be following the project with interest.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:25 PM
tony991 is offline tony991

Where did you find the screenshots?
Old 03-04-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony991 View Post
Where did you find the screenshots?
The screens are being posted on two Facebook pages: Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - Old school gamers and DF:BHD Revival. There are more now. According to the old school page post. The second alpha was completed and they are going to submit it to THQ Nordic.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Anyway Urnodaisy, I was only a little disappointed in some aspects, there's no denying UE4 is a great engine and I'll be following the project with interest.

I don't know if I'm missing small or big points concerning the capabilities of editing with UE4. According to a recent post from their page:

"Luis Filipe Prata Considering the game is based on Unreal Engine 4, the map maker that can be used is the Unreal Engine 4 Editor, and we plan to allow the community to make their own maps and add to the game, like the previous installments. "

I don't know if this qualifies in terms of capabilities with editors that you may be familiar with from the DF/JO series, but it might be exciting to that demographic that likes to customize.

Thanks for your responses.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urnodaisy View Post
I don't know if I'm missing small or big points concerning the capabilities of editing with UE4. According to a recent post from their page:

"Luis Filipe Prata Considering the game is based on Unreal Engine 4, the map maker that can be used is the Unreal Engine 4 Editor, and we plan to allow the community to make their own maps and add to the game, like the previous installments. "

I don't know if this qualifies in terms of capabilities with editors that you may be familiar with from the DF/JO series, but it might be exciting to that demographic that likes to customize.
The trouble with that theory could be the separate licensing of projects themselves and any other content besides the game itself.

You'll likely be signing a separate agreement with UE4 to use the editor unless the makers use a fully licensed SDK, even then I doubt you could sell the editor with the game as a package.

Another point of interest would be how to implement a Dedicated Server for LAN or NET play between users.

I'm sure it's going to be enough of a headache for the Devs to implement hosting of the main game in the first place.

I was actually invited by the Devs to participate in the project but had to decline for various reasons including my own ambitious project, so I'm fully aware of the constant challenges that present themselves.

So I wish them the best of luck and you can count me in on release day...

Last edited by Guest001; 03-05-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:44 AM
test is offline test
bhdRevival

Red Jake Studios - https://www.facebook.com/RedJakeStudiosLLC/

Old 07-02-2019, 01:09 AM
DFv is offline DFv
DFv

Very True stompem