Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:06 PM
tony991 is offline tony991

i/o error 45 - DF BHD EXP Mod

Hi, I just got a new computer after being down for a couple years. I'm installing all the BHD mods and ran across an error message when installing the EXP mod. It can't find the localres.pff so i direct it to the file in the BHD folder. Then the installer extracts the files and when it tries to install It says "i/o error 45". Anyone have any experience with this?
I extracted it from the zip into a folder on the desktop I also tried installing it directly in the BHD folder. - No luck.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:40 PM
LoneWolf61 is offline LoneWolf61

Well if your using win 10 then that's the problem, everyone who has a patched version of win 10 the med's isn't working for bhd either.Something to do with the craters up-date or something.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:00 PM
lolfake is offline lolfake
Delta Team Maps

Sorry man, but terranova isn't working correct, if you're lucky you'll get it to work.

And lonewolf, terranova has the same issues on Win 7.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:03 AM
Delta Team Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfake View Post
Sorry man, but terranova isn't working correct, if you're lucky you'll get it to work.

And lonewolf, terranova has the same issues on Win 7.
And I just remembered, Terranova installed perfectly on my 32-Bit Computer where my 64-Bit Laptops can't install Terranova I always get the I/o error everytime and on my second laptop I installed it but it had some missing PCXs and 3DIs.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony991 View Post
Hi, I just got a new computer after being down for a couple years. I'm installing all the BHD mods and ran across an error message when installing the EXP mod. It can't find the localres.pff so i direct it to the file in the BHD folder. Then the installer extracts the files and when it tries to install It says "i/o error 45". Anyone have any experience with this?
I extracted it from the zip into a folder on the desktop I also tried installing it directly in the BHD folder. - No luck.
As said the editors are having trouble but the games should work.

There are new security restrictions in the program folders so if you are probably in the default, somewhere in Program Files (x86).

First off try again but don't alter anything except launch the installer as administrator or set to run as admin, because the installer may be having difficulties writing some files to (x86) without that admin permission.

Only try other combinations after a default routine fails.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:48 AM
Delta Team Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
As said the editors are having trouble but the games should work.

There are new security restrictions in the program folders so if you are probably in the default, somewhere in Program Files (x86).

First off try again but don't alter anything except launch the installer as administrator or set to run as admin, because the installer may be having difficulties writing some files to (x86) without that admin permission.

Only try other combinations after a default routine fails.
Tried running it as administrator, or with compatibility option also ran it inside of an Avast Sandbox. Maybe this issue only persists on 64-Bit Computers?