Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Deathwish99 is offline Deathwish99

Weapon Templates

I'm a modeler, I mod for Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising. The reason for my post is to ask some questions about weapon modelling for Joint Operations. I was on Terranova and many other mod teams for 2-3 yrs. I've successfully put in new buildings, decorations, and weapons into Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising and Delta Force Blackhawk Down. Buildings and decorations were easy, you name them correctly and you simply export them as .ase and upload in OED and extract as a .3di and code in a bit of info into items.def. For some reason though, weapons are more mysterious. I've been able to get weapons into games by using these so called weapon templates (Which were NEVER released by novalogic for public use). How did I obtain these "weapon templates" well I asked around a bit and found some people with them. For some reason these weapon templates arn't given out easily. People are hiding them, making others promise not to tell where they got them from, etc. This all makes me believe there is some sort of conspiracy amongst BHD and JO modding. These templates are generally named "NOVA_ARM_TEMPLATE_GUNNAME.max....etc. I'm curious to why these wern't publicly available to modders and why there is such a cover up involving them. People deny they have them, but yet new guns are put into mods every day by these people who obtain these templates from others (which is how i got a few of mine). Anyhow I thought I'd bring this awareness up because I feel that it is totaly unfair for others to have such templates and not allow them for others. If anyone knows anything about this please post here or allow the templates to be allowed publicly. I'm sick of people hiding them and keeping them to their selves, it's been like this since Blackhawk down days.

The weapon templates house the actual guns from Joint operations and BHD which has all the points located on them for hand, first person viewer point, etc...and also shows you how to name your gun and clip correctly, and you simply put your gun over the templates and it allows you to then export .3di file from OED into game and then use the coding from the gun in the template you used to then replace the 1st person and 3rd person model so you end up putting new gun in game.

Overall I just feel like I need more information on this stuff and people need to start coming publicly with these templates because I'm sick of them hiding them. I'll now sum up the book I've written and just say please, someone from a modding team, or novalogic themselves, PLEASE RELEASE THE WEAPON TEMPLATES FOR BHD AND JO ITS GETTIN REALY OLD!

You've gotta think sometimes about others and that they don't have the templates and they need them and people even WANT them throughout the community, I cannot believe people have been keeping them away from public for so long.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Re: Weapon Templates

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathwish99
You've gotta think sometimes about others and that they don't have the templates and they need them and people even WANT them throughout the community, I cannot believe people have been keeping them away from public for so long.
Really?

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 07-03-2007, 01:17 AM

Ya, and I can't believe people in the Modding community of BHD and JO.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
It's hard to believe they're doing that. Things should be revealed to the community, to help them more. Not conceal things from them. Anyone else think the same as you about this Deathwish99?

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 AM

I've had this issue for 2-3 years now, its been bothersome for me. I'm sure theres people out there that feel the same way, ive posted this on nova-inside, novaworld, novahq, and dfbarracks.com... I want answers!