Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Battlefield / Bad Company

Battlefield / Bad Company Anything about the BF Bad Company series of games.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Bfbc2

very good game ... despite it only being a beta the retail should be amazing, anyone else been trying it out?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
avaoided the beta as i usually do, but hearing great things about this one. how does it compair to cod for example?
Old 02-08-2010, 11:43 AM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
Cardiac

i was gunna try it but i got the red ring on my xbox the other day...fml
Old 02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
avaoided the beta as i usually do, but hearing great things about this one. how does it compair to cod for example?
Well it's way more tactical, and if everyone does their part then it's very cool. I've been playing the beta for a few days and my only problem is the amount of bullets it takes to kill someone - otherwise it's quite awesome and frantic. It's awesome playing as the medic defibrillating everyone while buildings are crumbling and every vehicle is on your ass. :P

Controls do feel a bit sluggish compared to CoD, however.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 AM
BB

Quote:
cant compare the game to COD, COD is run and gun, BF is more "tactical" as in having to aim down the sights for medium/long range shots while crouched... gameplay is identical to the BF games before.. need to plan and think ahead, not run into the open and expect to take out 5 people since the Beta was 6-8 weeks old at the time of release there will be a huge difference in the retail

is amazing though when your inside a building and next thing you hear is creeking, trying to get out before it falls is great, especially when you turn around and its just collapsed as you get out

once the full game is out, i doubt ill ever play COD again... havnt even touched COD since the beta game out
Old 02-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tigger- View Post
cant compare the game to COD, COD is run and gun, BF is more "tactical"
you just compaired it and game me the answer i wanted
Old 02-09-2010, 11:19 AM
BB

Quote:
you just compaired it and game me the answer i wanted
oh snap didnt realise that, but yeah completely different gameplay styles...

oh, if your a fan of prone, forget about it, its not in the game however u dont realise
Old 02-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

heh interesting, weeds out a few campers eh? bunnyhopping??
Old 02-09-2010, 12:18 PM

Here's a screenie from a match we had on TeamSpeak with the squad the other night:

http://www.deltaforcegaming.com/chri...fbc2/bc2_5.jpg

I'm lovin' the pins - they're like accolades, and you also get dogtags from knifing people and you get to keep those (knifed 3 snipers in a row so they're in my list of dogtags hehe)...

Anyways, if you're interested you should definitely get it Steve - it's definitely immersive (even when I'm playing on the lowest graphics settings), and when everyone's working together which should be most of the time, it's pretty awesome.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-09-2010, 12:32 PM
BB

Quote:
heh interesting, weeds out a few campers eh? bunnyhopping??
yup, u dont really need to prone either, cos over the cover you can get

couple of people jump around a tiny bit, but no real advantage to doing it on the game

Spawn selection

Weapon selection

definately a more simple approach, only 4 classes which have different weapons than other classes in previous BF games, medics are basically gunners, and assault hands out ammo, recon has C4
Old 02-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Assault has C4 as well. the lagg issue isnt that huge a deal, ive played with Aussies on there server and they played on an american server and there was almost no differance in playability unlike Nova games.

there are Bunnyhoppers and I wish they would limit the amount of times they can jump in a row, but its nothing like DF2 where nobody runs at all. plus they are easier to kill than most games where they show up.

Its definatly not a mil sim like Arma but its 10x better than any COD title. there is some run and gun but thats usualy on the way to defend or attack the goals.

I am not a big fan of unlock weapons, wish they didnt do that myself.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 02-09-2010, 01:46 PM
BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_jet_xX View Post
Assault has C4 as well.
you sure? ive just checked and theres no option on the PC beta anyway, unless its in the full game?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

um, tigger, is that a full game screenie, or a beta? because i doubt u can get those in the beta, tho i got the demo on my xbox so i wouldnt know (and assault only get c4 if u equip a shotty), anyway, the game is gonna be awesome, i can just tell, i doubt i will ever play COD after i play the full game, who else has it preordered?

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 02-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

is it as big as the previous BF games?(map size and all planes n tanks n stuff?)
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

map size is pretty much as big as BFBC, no planes, of course, but there is tanks n stuff, lol

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

R.I.P Murphy
Old 02-09-2010, 09:25 PM

Yeah the classes do seem the be hybrids... like medic/gunner, recon/demolitions, etc.

I think CoD would still be the easier game to pick up and play though.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

might be less noobs in BC2 then?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:12 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

lol, so far, i havent met any noobs, except maybe a few here and there that blow up random buildings for the hell of it, lol

R.I.P Murphy
Old 02-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

any news on being able to run dedicated servers when it's released?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 PM

Well so far you do have dedis but to "preserve the integrity of the game" (or whatever the heck they were on about) you can only rent dedis and can't host them from consumer PC.

And no mod tools either, which is a shame. And I thought DICE said there'd be some cool stuff for the PC?