Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Change.org Petition to Save DF1/DF2

The DF1 and DF2 NovaWorld lobbies have been broken for a long time now. Someone started a Change.org petition to try and get NL to fix the game lobbies so that users can host and play on NovaWorld. I know online petitions do very little, but it might help if more people sign it. Looking around the net the last few days there are quite a few people still wanting to play the games online. Head over to Change.org to sign it if you're interested: https://www.change.org/p/novalogic-n...server-on-each

DF1/2 players: If there is anyway we can help, by hosting a stable lobby on NovaHQ let me know.

Quote:
The Delta Force 1/2 Community needs some support from Novalogic.
We have ran for well over a decade with two passionate communities, formed by the oldest players and youngest people that admire the Delta Force essence.

We think that our community could get bigger and improved with a little support from the company that gave awesome moments to our lives, and one of our requests is the fixing of the 'joining system'/servers lobby.

Unblocking ports and even using the best VPN softwares forces us to face an unnatural situation that is very frustrating sometimes and discourages a lot of people to play again, learn the game or play for the first time.

The need is so that we can just start the game go to multiplayer then click join and the Novaworld join lobby actually shows the games we are hosting so people can join in and play also this would certainly make more people buy the game via Nova website / Steam we cannot Moderate steam forever without support.

There's thousand of players waiting to increase their hours inside the game, we are still alive just as much as BHD and other old games you have recently updated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oErKUvXhXZqEMNc-800x450-noPad.jpg
Views:	5673
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	3622  

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 08-10-2015, 06:31 AM
rs.silent is offline rs.silent

Wink

Hi Scott,

It's been so long since I last visited here, I've forgot my username!

Glad you have noticed the petition (Started by Kensta and DUZ), hopefully it will prompt Nova into doing something (highly unlikely ).

There is still a community playing DF1/2 but would be great to see a few more old faces.
For anyone interested in joining, we are scheduled to play every Sunday at the following times; USA.LA 11AM, BRAZIL 3PM - GMT 7PM.

There is a dedicated server up at the minute, however it might be easier to join using Evolve Client - www.evolvehq.com/client ;
and join the following party- https://www.evolvehq.com/games/1176.

Static IP for ded server is : 167.114.178.20

Nice to see NovaHQ alive

Regards to anyone who I may have played with,

rs.silent
Old 08-31-2015, 03:53 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Props to whoever started this; it's a noble cause.

It's unfortunate that NovaLogic is completely dead. I'm curious if they even still exist as a company. I'm guessing it's 2 or 3 people paying the bills to keep the website (AKA a 1999 JPEG image with "hot new deals") and servers up and running.

Someone on Reddit asked what happened to them and got this reply:

Quote:
As one of the programmers for DF, DF2, F22 and a bunch of other misc crap I've since forgotten, a lot of us left for greener pastures soon after their heyday. The CEO, John Garcia, made NL a pretty hostile work place. He was always kinda an arrogant douche, but he become much more so after the success of the DF series.
Its a damn shame too. There were a lot of cool and talented people there "back in the the days".
I don't even know why they still exist.
Quote:
They are a dried up husk of what they use to be. I think the only programmer left is Kyle, the original dude that created voxels and the comanche series. Not sure who is still left there to tell you the truth.
Everyone I know there have left and gone to bigger better places.
It's a shame. The FPS world is too streamlined now for NovaLogic to have any chance at a comeback, and they don't deserve one anyway.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:11 PM
***CHOPIN*** is offline ***CHOPIN***

bring it back

YES bring back DF1!!!!! Mozart and myself are waiting out on the hill...
Old 09-13-2015, 06:27 PM
devilsclaw is offline devilsclaw

DF1/2 Lobby fixes

DF1 Lobby Fix:
http://www.dfarena.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=15139

DF2 Lobby Fix:
http://www.dfarena.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=15140
Old 09-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

DC: Awesome of you to work on this.

However, I'm currently hosting a game with the patch and it's still not in the lobby. 74.94.87.41:3568 Using XP and the port is most definitely open. Any ideas? The pinger works so the port is open. Or maybe that's not the same thing?

Old 09-13-2015, 08:51 PM
devilsclaw is offline devilsclaw

this is fixed now. the cd version of the game had a problem with the patch. now it works on online download and the old cd version
Old 09-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Thanks for chatting with me tonight. This should really help the community.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:34 AM
Trooper is offline Trooper

Hey scott i think i pm'd u about my other username bro .. we used to be gd m8s back in the day LOL...tryna hook up with all my oldies uno how it is after all these yrs ..im df1 dude "kensta" but we met via df2 via assasin and his brother Makavaveli
Old 09-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Just sent you a PM, sorry I didn't see it