Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
The Zombie Island of Dr Ned

Good DLC for Borderlands. Finally some variety and not desert! And lots and lots of hordes of zombies to mow down. There are a few interesting quests (you'll see what I mean ) and enemies (e.g. Tankenstein, WereSkag), and the story seems much more easier to grasp this time around. Even though there's an official survival-type mode Gearbox added in the second DLC (Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot), this DLC felt very much like one as well, but in a spookier setting.

On another note, I also just happened to find an Eridian weapon which shoots lightning orbs! This was from a side-quest boss in Dead Haven, and my mate I had played with a few days ago also found a similar one of these in a chest in Rust Commons.

This talent point rules!

Quote:
Phoenix – Killing an enemy causes you to deal Fire Damage to nearby enemies and makes your shots not always cost ammo for a few seconds. The Fire Damage increases with your Level. Starts off with 5% chance to save ammo and +1 Fire Damage; adds up with each allocated skill point. (Up to +25% and +5, respectively)
Alongside this, I have a range of elemental effect weapons (including that infinite ammo pistol with shock damage ), elemental artifacts for Phasewalk, and another talent that deals shock damage on Phasewalk. Totally badass.

Can't wait to do the second playthrough with my mate, plus Zombie Island.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I purchased this for the Xbox version but haven't gotten to play it yet, I was to busy with The Saboteur (Which was excellent btw). Borderlands is a great co-op game so I can't wait to play the DLC.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 12-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Yup, best when played with mates. And I can't wait to do the second playthrough and see what the boss weapons are going to be like this time (in particular The Clipper and The Dove ).
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black