Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 11-21-2017, 05:22 AM
mercury_1967 is offline mercury_1967

Delta Force BHD - Steam and GOG versions crash

My system: Win 10 Pro 64-bit laptop, Intel i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz (turbo 3.2GHZ), 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX960M 4GB, Intel HD Graphics 530.

I have DF BHD TS installed for both Steam and GOG. When I try to start the game from either place the graphics test starts and only the Intel graphics card is detected - the Nvidia card isn't listed. It starts the test when I click OK. The screen flickers a bit, and then DFBHD.exe crashes.

I've never run the game on this particular laptop before, but I did have it running before on a laptop a few years ago running Win 7 - I don't remember the specs on that system.

For some reason I can't manually set the Windows version in the Compatibility tab in the .exe Properties for the GOG install, but I can for the Steam install. I tried changing the Windows version for the Steam install, but nothing worked and I tried the Compatibility Troubleshooter too with no luck.

Is there anything I can do to get this game to run on my system?
Old 11-23-2017, 10:24 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

If both versions are crashing (steam and gog), there might be something like an anti virus preventing it. First disable any anti virus and make sure your intel and nVidia drivers are up to date.

To run it with the nVidia GPU, try right clicking on the exe and selecting run with your nVidia GPU. Otherwise, in the nVidia control panel, there is a setting somewhere in there that will allow you to add dfbhd.exe to the list of games that run with nVidia instead of intel. My laptop has this same sort of config and steam games will only run with the nVidia GPU if I add it in the control panel (pretty annoying). The Intel 530 should run the game perfectly fine, but try running it with the nVidia chip to see if it's a driver issue.

Check out this link:

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-...-gtx-960m.html

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq