Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > phphq.Net > phphq.Net Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Easy PHP setup

Hey guys,
I want to put Easy PHP up and running, but i cant get the databases to work.
And i want to protect PHPMyAdmin with password login.

*1 I tried installing Simple Squad Site as test to see if it all would work, but i got a page full of errors. So i stopped trying and try to get my databases to work.
I cant even get a PHPMyAdmin password and name done right... Any1 knows?
And then i want to have the DB also with password and username.

Some peeps with a bit of experience with EasyPHP that can help me out?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:28 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
OOOPPPPPSSSS i forgot to login

Thats my post above here... :shock:

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Dane
Unregistered

I got the same problem when i wanted to have a look at simple squad site.....

In your

C:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-7\phpmyadmin\config.inc

You have to edit a username and password into it for the MySQL.

At this moment in time i dunno why SSS doesnt work on EasyPHP, but ill find out.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:01 AM

[code:1:ee5f0c997e]$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = ''; // MySQL control user settings
// (this user must have read-only
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = ''; // access to the &quot;mysql/user&quot;
// and &quot;mysql/db&quot; tables)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root'; // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; // MySQL password (only needed
// with 'config' auth_type)[/code:1:ee5f0c997e]

So were do i set the passes? If i had to guess below the Auth type, the MySQL user and PW.
Cuz i tried that but i cant even login then, it just tells me some wicked stuff.
Im going to try it again see what it says.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-27-2004, 01:04 AM

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)

And i didnt even got a login box.......

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 09-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

All you do is intall easyphp and you should be set.

You don't have to edit any mysql info, when it installs it installs mysql without a set root password. If you want to change it later you can do it in phpmyadmin. You will also have to edit the config.inc.php in the phpmyadmin directory and add a root password in $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']= ''; Only if you want a root password. It's not really needed for EasyPHP though since it will only serve locally unless you tell it not to.

SSS Does work on EasyPHP, that's what I built the script on .

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-27-2004, 09:46 AM

ok ill do a re-install to be sure all files are in original status again and then ill try again.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 09-27-2004, 09:58 AM

this is what i see when i open http://127.0.0.1/sss/install.php

Notice: Use of undefined constant host - assumed 'host' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 4

Notice: Use of undefined constant user - assumed 'user' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 5

Notice: Use of undefined constant pass - assumed 'pass' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 6

Notice: Use of undefined constant db - assumed 'db' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant pre - assumed 'pre' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 8

Notice: Use of undefined constant view - assumed 'view' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 12

Notice: Undefined index: view in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 12

Notice: Use of undefined constant cmd - assumed 'cmd' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined index: cmd in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 13

Notice: Use of undefined constant ver - assumed 'ver' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 14

Notice: Use of undefined constant connect - assumed 'connect' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 18

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'ODBC@localhost' (Using password: NO) in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant connect - assumed 'connect' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 19

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 19

Notice: Use of undefined constant cmd - assumed 'cmd' in f:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\install.php on line 4
Please enter a user name and password to install this script . This will be your username and password for the admin panel. Make sure you have edited your config.php file with the correct mysql settings.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 09-27-2004, 10:00 AM

and aftre i put in my name and pass for SSS i c:
Mysql Error: Access denied for user: 'ODBC@localhost' (Using password: NO) on the bottom.

I did made a Db with the name sss, and set it in the config.php , i did not created name and pass because the DB doesnt have it also.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 09-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Hi Katana, first open your php.ini file. It's in the apache folder where you installed EasyPHP. Open it in notepad and scroll down untill you find error_reporting = BLAH BLAH, but make sure there is no ; before error_reporting. Or you can just open it in notepad and go to edit &gt; find &gt; then enter "error_reporting =". Change that value to E_ALL &amp; ~E_NOTICE, so it will look like: error_reporting = E_ALL &amp; ~E_NOTICE

Then open config.php for sss and enter the mysql username as root. You do not have to enter a mysql password, but the username was default to root when you installed it.

Old 09-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Dane
Unregistered

Dont work for me actually
Old 09-28-2004, 02:06 AM

mmmm that did it, just put username in..... OMG im stupid.... thx Scott

I only had to put in the name of the user...

Dane i presume u created a Database? If you still need help you can contact me on MSN orso, i know how to get it right now

MSN katanagfr@hotmail.com
AIM: katanagfr

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 09-28-2004, 02:35 AM
Dane
Unregistered

kk ive added u
Old 09-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Dane
Unregistered

Notice: Use of undefined constant host - assumed 'host' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 4

Notice: Use of undefined constant user - assumed 'user' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 5

Notice: Use of undefined constant pass - assumed 'pass' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 6

Notice: Use of undefined constant db - assumed 'db' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant pre - assumed 'pre' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 8

Notice: Use of undefined constant view - assumed 'view' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 12

Notice: Undefined index: view in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 12

Notice: Use of undefined constant cmd - assumed 'cmd' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined index: cmd in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 13

Notice: Use of undefined constant ver - assumed 'ver' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 14

Notice: Use of undefined constant connect - assumed 'connect' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant connect - assumed 'connect' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\config.php on line 19

Notice: Use of undefined constant au - assumed 'au' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\functions.php on line 12

Notice: Use of undefined constant ap - assumed 'ap' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\functions.php on line 13

Notice: Use of undefined constant email - assumed 'email' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\functions.php on line 14

Notice: Use of undefined constant sn - assumed 'sn' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\functions.php on line 15

Notice: Use of undefined constant sb - assumed 'sb' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\functions.php on line 16

Notice: Use of undefined constant nl - assumed 'nl' in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\sss\functions.php on line 17

i still get all this etc etc
Old 09-28-2004, 06:28 AM
Dane
Unregistered

nm, got it all working....

DIDNT KNOW I HAD TO RESTART THE SERVER

lol
Old 09-28-2004, 10:02 AM

that should do the trick lol.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
Link here
Old 09-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Sorry forgot to mention that .

Old 09-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Dane
Unregistered

yep Scott, blaming it ALL on u, Naughty, thanks.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

mysql username [b:4540c61ab1]root[/b:4540c61ab1]????
That's shouldnt be there, should it?[/b]