Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 02-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Vlad-sky is offline Vlad-sky

The most QUESTION..

Hi everybody!

I have a Question about the Nova's genuine Mission Editor:

If anybody has it (why not to have it after so long time)?

You would ask me 'why'? - Ok, I am pretty sure Nova has it (not the one provided with the game):

Just look at the screen of the Laptop computer item - it is there..

''https://drive.google.com/open?id=19gDlbdZIG619w9OQW45CLHhwMmEtOLlv''

Last edited by Vlad-sky; 02-23-2018 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:10 PM
FrankyTheTank is offline FrankyTheTank

what is this version ? your picture didnt post just fix it up :-)
Old 02-23-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyTheTank View Post
what is this version ? your picture didnt post just fix it up :-)
What o you mean asking 'what version?' ?
I am using the latest 1.06.15 (as far as I know) of DF2. A kind of Mission Editor screenshot is seen in the Laptop computer item's screen - just look at it! I suppose it could be the genuine Nova's Mission Editor - the editor Nova used for creating its predefined missions in the game.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19g...5CLHhwMmEtOLlv
Old 02-23-2018, 10:20 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
don't remember seeing that before
Old 02-23-2018, 04:22 PM

interesting what map was that ?

maybe we can find the pcx file or something like that or we use a zoomed weapon like law, m4, barret

Last edited by FrankyTheTank; 02-23-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:04 PM

It is not in a particular map..

It doesn't matter what map. It can be seen on the screen of standard Nova's Laptop computer item inserted to any map. Just create an empty mission with only Player start marker and the Laptop computer - You will be able to see its screen that looks like a kind of a MissionEditor (ME).

I suppose Nova used its own ME to create its predefined QuickMissions and Compaigns. That ME might be more convenient than the one provided with the game.

I can understand Nova did not possibly want to share its own ME tool at the moment DF2 was released. But now, as far as almost 20 years passed, the genuine Nova's MissionEditor could supposedly be disclosed and available for all map-makers..

The QUESTION IS: Maybe someone already has it?

BTW: FrankyTheTank, can you, please, tell me if the image I attached is accessible?
Old 02-25-2018, 08:53 AM

the foto now it is accessible

that lap top must be some kind of object or pcx we could find it and we would see it even better maybe we could read what is written there also

nova has partly shared information for what i know that outpost map ? also they made a contact with a player who likes to play female charakters alias =wka= ASDU

we could try to write a letter to novalogic maybe they accept this

in other option there would be a way to program a own editor but for me thats a huge step i dont know about directx or 3di formats , maybe we could outwork some existing code

or we just ask in the forums around:
http://www.novaworld2.com/index.php?do=/public/forums/
Old 02-26-2018, 07:20 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Suspected "Super-MED." .AIN file creator. Four-team gameplay. New unit creation. Weapon degredation. Narrative single player.

There are all kinds of things NeverLogic was up to back in the day. Programs lost, and methods of informational processing intimated by crumbs of evidence found in various dim corners of our game folders.

But there were deadlines, release dates, crunch times, lawsuits... probably personal tragedies and opportunities. Candles burning at both ends. Things got lost.

Unlikely we'll ever know for sure about these things. But, you know, even Duke Nukem eventually got that sequel. Then again, look what happened with Silent Hills.

It's the gaming industry. A troop of howler monkeys smashing buttons on an ancient money-printing machine buried under a fallout shelter in the post-apocalypse.

I'm not sure I've contributed much to this thread with this reply.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:08 PM

you from nova ? even more interesting :-)
Old 02-26-2018, 03:56 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Oh, Franky, if I was a NL employee, I would not have settled for making half-assed mods and guesswork maps all these years. I would have personally patched the left-lean glitch and centered the sniper scope crosshairs. I would be making SP missions with .ain files.

I've just made observations, man. Like how you found the screenshot of the MED on the laptop skin.

Items can be assigned to Teams Yellow and Violet in the MED. What's that about?

I remember some players getting in trouble for using console commands to create "New Units" in MP games. I never learned what those commands were or what consequences a "New Unit" had for gameplay... or was it "New Squad"? I dunno.

In the mission "River Raid" of the Black Hawk Down campaign, after you secure the warehouse, you hear the player character, Coach, telling Hunt to come with him on the truck to Deka, and he tells Preacher and Mother to guard the warehouse. In my opinion, this implies that NL was going to have a more character-driven narrative to the campaign than they ended up with, 'cause you never hear the names Hunt, Preacher, or Mother again.

In the same mission, before you cross the river beyond the minefield, Coach tells Hunt to keep his weapon dry or it may not fire. I know from experience that you can use the blockfire action in a .wac file to prevent the player from using a weapon. For instance:

if never then
blockfire 4 1
blockfire 5 1
blockfire 6 1
endif

...Will make the player unable to throw any grenades.

I surmise from all this that NL considered making situations where the weapons were unreliable. Weapon degradation.

It might have been fun.