Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Call of Duty

Call of Duty Anything about the Call of Duty / Modern Warfare series of games.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:57 AM
yahman is offline yahman

COD4 only 1 server that is active

When I try to play multi on the PC I only see 1 or 2 servers with anyone in them. The one server(they have another one with less activity and they kicked me too) that is always happening with players, has kicked me from playing.

I looked them up and they are in France. I think my ping was too high as I am in California. I noticed my ping was 190 or so and those playing were under 100, like 50 on average.

My ping is under 20 for servers in my area so I guess playing overseas is just laggy.

Is there an update to this game I am missing or is it just that dead over there or is there another way to get into matches that have quite a few players?

I was not talking trash or camping or anything, so I think it was just my laggy connection. I had Verizon tweak my DSL so my ping was cut in half from when when they first kecked me, but I still get kicked from the game now. They will not even let me in.

Used to be a server in San Jose that was great and I played there all the time. I donated to them too. I am addicted to this particular game and it is just a shame I cannot play it much at all.

There is another server there that has people sometimes but often not and that is about all there is.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:55 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Looking here: https://www.gametracker.com/search/cod4/

There seems to be a lot of cod4 servers, know one in 1PARA hade issues with cod4 as well, not sure how she fixed it though as she is back playing league again as far as I know

Never played it myself so I have no idea, sorry!

My photography website

Old 10-06-2015, 10:35 PM
yahman is offline yahman

Thanks for the link. I had looked at that before and wondered about joining their group. Not sure what that entails though.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:49 AM
-1PARA-

Gametracker is just a server browser and not really a COD group. Or ware you referring to 1PARA?

My photography website

Old 10-07-2015, 10:55 PM
yahman is offline yahman

^^Ok, but they want me to join up to use their stuff, not sure about that. I managed to play on the MNgamers.eu ( the server I was referring to in the first post) game last night and some tonight. I donated to their fund if that will help after I found their website.

Was so fun to play that game again. I played the heck out of it a few years ago and then lost interest. All the time off made it fresh and fun again. hehe I still have a ping that is 170 to 190 but I do not experience lag, very strange.

I play Ghosts on various servers and get lag so bad the game freezes for a second or two on some maps. All that eye candy costs in transmission time I guess.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:51 AM
-1PARA-

Yes you can sing up there but it's to get some more features as far as i know

My photography website

Old 10-11-2015, 04:35 PM
yahman is offline yahman

Well I am playing on that mngamers.eu server and all is well. I have a high ping but as I said no real lag that I can see. I know the low ping guys can shoot me faster but I mean no stuttering or crap like I get on Ghosts all the time.

Poland hardcore is another server that is good to go when they have anyone in there.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Trooper is offline Trooper

everyone is playing on the cracked servers that may be why ?