Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:16 PM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

eek New maps and ntfs

yea...i saved them...no thanks to microsoft...
seams moving my maps one computer to another and or having to re install windows10 no mater what a new system or owner signature is generated for NTFS enhanced permissions...someone needs to stick a fireplace stoker in the fire till it turns white hot and give it a shove a couple of times to them and norton hypothetically speaking that is....i had to un install noton security to run the nile installer ...add everyone to the users in the security tab and give entries in the securities tab full control .goto my original map file that still worked in dfx2 and remove all inherited permissions ,change the owner to everyone ad a new user everyone to the users in the security tab...finally goto the compatability tab for nile.exe and click on run as an admin...before if i made any editing to the map in nile it would crash DFX2...dont just save your files to a folder on an Hdd or in the dfx2 folder or the nile folder or the novalogic folder,...save youe maps to a thumb drive and in multiple folders there too...

p.s. it tried to save as a diff file name in nile but windows explorer didnt see them and dfv2 did...it was a hole lot of WTWhatever....

14TB 7200 rpm HDD
LG 16x blue ray R/W Drive
-----------------------------------

CHEVRON 7 Unlocked
Old 08-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmellyfart View Post

yea...i saved them...no thanks to microsoft...
seams moving my maps one computer to another and or having to re install windows10 no mater what a new system or owner signature is generated for NTFS enhanced permissions...someone needs to stick a fireplace stoker in the fire till it turns white hot and give it a shove a couple of times to them and norton hypothetically speaking that is....i had to un install noton security to run the nile installer ...add everyone to the users in the security tab and give entries in the securities tab full control .goto my original map file that still worked in dfx2 and remove all inherited permissions ,change the owner to everyone ad a new user everyone to the users in the security tab...finally goto the compatability tab for nile.exe and click on run as an admin...before if i made any editing to the map in nile it would crash DFX2...dont just save your files to a folder on an Hdd or in the dfx2 folder or the nile folder or the novalogic folder,...save youe maps to a thumb drive and in multiple folders there too...

p.s. it tried to save as a diff file name in nile but windows explorer didnt see them and dfv2 did...it was a hole lot of WTWhatever....

You know what? - it sounds like maybe you're not operating from an Administrator account?
Like you more or less said "the permissions are the issue and that sort of stuff".
Old 08-15-2017, 02:13 AM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

eek re

yes i am running from an admin account..always...with new
enhanced NTFS if you take an HDD from one puter and just
stick it in another soon you will find you have no access and
windows has no access and hdd space is a big 0 ....you would think
that you could re formate the drive to save it and that might work but it
is not necessary if you for mat it all ur data is gone and for nothing.
all you have to do is change owner remove inherited permission's
ad the owner to the users and give full control and your drive is back.
basically you strip the drive of all users and change the owner
then add the owner as a user..i speak from experience and i invented lots of
new 4 letter words to shout at Microsoft...of course i fluently used the normal
ones too...of course if you return the drive where you got it you might have to do a redo , i did...

p.s. however you do it it all has to do with the new ntfs enhanced permissions...
not sure if it started with windows 8 or 10
14TB 7200 rpm HDD
LG 16x blue ray R/W Drive
-----------------------------------

CHEVRON 7 Unlocked
Old 08-16-2017, 06:07 AM
chopperprop is offline chopperprop
=TMW=

Send a message via MSN to chopperprop
I installed WIN 10 on a 2x Xeon 64gb ram T5600 then installed Vsphere Client and Stand alone converter- then created 2 VM's windows 7 from my old PC each had 80gb HDD and then using VM tools increased the size of the HDD then you have to go into System to the partition manager and assign a letter to the new drive as the increase shows up as a un-allocated partition now I can access the machines anytime from anywhere using RDP or team viewer- Sweet !!!! - make sure that in the network setup in the conversion that you bridge the network connections and allow the ports through the firewall and main router. Works great.