Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft Anything about the World of Warcraft series of games.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Good to see that "leaked" info was actually true - we have an announcement now:

http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of...1016911p1.html

Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-21-2009, 05:32 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Ive never really got into WoW, but im kind of looking forward to it ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 08-21-2009, 05:57 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
I'll buy it to try it out, but I no longer play WoW on a regular basis. The game is too stale for me now. I'm back to FPS.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:35 PM

What I'm wondering about is to do with how they're revamping old parts of Azeroth and if people without the expansion will see it? Will they get it in a patch maybe? But maybe the new zones and races be for people with the expansion?

* Edit:

Found out:

Quote:
When the Cataclysm occurs, it will occur for all players, whether they have purchased the expansion or not--you will no longer be to play in the original version of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. However, certain features such as the new zones, new races, and new level cap will only be accessible to players who purchase the expansion.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black

Last edited by Chrispy; 08-21-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:56 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

i kind of wish i could stick to playing WoW because i know im missing out on a great game (despite what people say), but when i get to level 20-30, i just get bored of questing and none of my mates play it, so im doing them on my own most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 08-22-2009, 02:13 AM

What I like about this expansion is that it's revamping a lot of the old content, which means low-level players can enjoy them as well as the new benefits (e.g. phasing).

I also like how a lot of stuff will be simplified (e.g. stats such as attack power are no more). Some stuff in WoW just confuses me lol.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:42 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Simon. View Post
i kind of wish i could stick to playing WoW because i know im missing out on a great game (despite what people say), but when i get to level 20-30, i just get bored of questing and none of my mates play it, so im doing them on my own most of the time.
When cataclysm comes out roll on a server with me and my buddies. We are rerolling horde on a brand new server and pretty much plan on dominating the PvE scene. We've all been playing since WoW was released and we've got extensive raiding knowledge.

For now, until then, you should play Combat Arms with me I don't like playing alone.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:12 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
I have a tier 9 geared warrior so im really wanting the new content

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis