Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Lossless Scaling software

https://store.steampowered.com/app/993090/

i read about this on reddit today, immediately though about the DF games and their resolution limitations and wondered this this is some kind of solution.

the app is only a few dollars so thought i would give it a shot.

i don't have all the df games installed but gave it a go with df2 - 640*480 scaled by 3 in the app to give 1920*1440, it functions, but i'm kind of looking for someone's opinion who plays df a lot. i mean i have a super wide monitor so i'm not sure i have this right because you are supposed to go for full screen, but im stretching the image, although it feels much better because the mouse sensitivity matches your desktop somewhat.

i'm super intrigued by this but i don't have the right games installed at the moment, i dont even know what res BHD goes upto, but this could be cool stuff for anyone that plays Nova games on a regular basis

/edit

for info this software basically stretches out your game display by a factor of 2 or 3 or 4 for example, in theory you might do this normally by reducing your resolution and playing full screen, but the driver makes this fuzzy. this soft makes it sharp by using 4x as many pixels if you use half your screen res (or the game is old and resolution limited) buit the image is sharp, not fuzzy, nvidea and amd are able to implement this into drivers but never have from what i understand. apart from making old games properly sharp and full screen, it would allow you for example to run a new game at a low resolution on an old PC, with a sharp picture.