Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

GOG.com - Delta Force Xtreme giveaway

The great people over at GOG.com have provided NovaHQ with 10 free game codes for Delta Force Xtreme.

Want a chance to win one of these 10 game codes? Post a short reply to this topic with why Delta Force (any version) was one of your favorite games (or why you want to try it) and we'll select 10 random responses and send you a game code so you can download Delta Force Xtreme for free from GOG.com.

Contest ends this Thursday around 10am CST.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	header.jpg
Views:	17781
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	3782  

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-27-2017, 03:02 PM
careless is offline careless

Dflw

Just found this site via GOG, and can't believe they all still exist (including DFB) good stuff! I even had to re-activate my old e-mail just to get access! Aug 2004!

Land warrior by far. It was the first game to get me into the series and for the most part, into online gaming. The pain of connecting on 128k, but the games were massive compared to shooters at the same time and the map editor was amazing.

I was a member of so many clans including the somewhat (i think) legendary "hardmaps" which is still around! (Just checked, even my account still exists!)

Even kick started my interest in web development as I made various web pages for clans i belonged in, and even made a simply "match tracker" in PHP.

As a side note, are you the same Panther who got the 85 kills to something like 0 deaths? I remember seeing a screenshot, way back.

Last edited by careless; 03-27-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: .
Old 03-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Ston3Cold is offline Ston3Cold

I remember when I was still in secondary school, I saved up for my own PCI based network interface card for my computer so I could join my friends when they did LAN gaming. The very first game I managed to play was Delta Force 1, and boy it didn't disappoint.

I remember my one friend and I spent countless hours on the Ice Floes map with us noob tubing and sniping each other till the early hours of the morning. When also co-op'd the missions, which was good fun. I wouldn't mind checking out DFX extreme either as it's one of the DF titles that I didn't manage to play back in the day
Old 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM
blake is offline blake

I used to play DF1 and then BHD when i was a kid and I still remember the day when I first bought the game BHD and my excitement levels were at peaks. I used to play this game day & night sometimes even skipping my sleep only to pass a mission. Then eventually i got to know about multiplayer and this game got more closer to me. It'd help me overcome my anger, my depression and sadness. Whenever I felt sad, I'd play a game and that'd really boost up my energy levels back to normal.

After somany years I found this link in one of the facebook groups and it instantly rolled back my memories and felt hugely nostalgic.

It's been 15 odd years and see this game is still shiny as gold and this could be possible only because of THQ Nordic. Thanks for keeping it alive and making it preferred over those new gen games. Good Luck!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:11 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless View Post
Just found this site via GOG, and can't believe they all still exist (including DFB) good stuff! I even had to re-activate my old e-mail just to get access! Aug 2004!

Land warrior by far. It was the first game to get me into the series and for the most part, into online gaming. The pain of connecting on 128k, but the games were massive compared to shooters at the same time and the map editor was amazing.

I was a member of so many clans including the somewhat (i think) legendary "hardmaps" which is still around! (Just checked, even my account still exists!)

Even kick started my interest in web development as I made various web pages for clans i belonged in, and even made a simply "match tracker" in PHP.

As a side note, are you the same Panther who got the 85 kills to something like 0 deaths? I remember seeing a screenshot, way back.
HARDMAPS is still hosting a DFLW server! And EVEN a few others in JO and DFX2 I think. I went 75 and 0 that map and it took years to accomplish. I swear I hid the last few minutes because I was still not sure if I had died yet. It's actually still view-able here: http://novahq.net/bestscores.php?ID=38. Super fun times! Great to see an account from 2004

Glad to see you found us from GOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ston3Cold View Post
I remember when I was still in secondary school, I saved up for my own PCI based network interface card for my computer so I could join my friends when they did LAN gaming. The very first game I managed to play was Delta Force 1, and boy it didn't disappoint.

I remember my one friend and I spent countless hours on the Ice Floes map with us noob tubing and sniping each other till the early hours of the morning. When also co-op'd the missions, which was good fun. I wouldn't mind checking out DFX extreme either as it's one of the DF titles that I didn't manage to play back in the day
Ice Floes is a great map. We still play it once in while. We play DF1 online every Sunday at 1PM CST / 7 PM UTC. We usually fill a 16 player server for a few hours Our Facebook group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfworld/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
I used to play DF1 and then BHD when i was a kid and I still remember the day when I first bought the game BHD and my excitement levels were at peaks. I used to play this game day & night sometimes even skipping my sleep only to pass a mission. Then eventually i got to know about multiplayer and this game got more closer to me. It'd help me overcome my anger, my depression and sadness. Whenever I felt sad, I'd play a game and that'd really boost up my energy levels back to normal.

After somany years I found this link in one of the facebook groups and it instantly rolled back my memories and felt hugely nostalgic.

It's been 15 odd years and see this game is still shiny as gold and this could be possible only because of THQ Nordic. Thanks for keeping it alive and making it preferred over those new gen games. Good Luck!
I feel a great deal of nostalgia every time I play. Some might call me a little crazy but I really do hold these games pretty close as they've had a huge part in everything I've accomplished so far. In the early days when I started playing, they helped me through some tough times also. Thanks for sharing!

Good luck!

Old 03-27-2017, 09:00 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I feel a great deal of nostalgia every time I play. Some might call me a little crazy but I really do hold these games pretty close as they've had a huge part in everything I've accomplished so far. In the early days when I started playing, they helped me through some tough times also. Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
Then eventually i got to know about multiplayer and this game got more closer to me. It'd help me overcome my anger, my depression and sadness. Whenever I felt sad, I'd play a game and that'd really boost up my energy levels back to normal.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

DF2 is literally responsible for the great job I have now as a programmer. Modding the Delta Force games (which were/are pretty un-moddable) sparked my curiosity in computers, and I was fascinated by the modding tools made by the community which sparked my interest in programming. Very humbling to look at my early post history here and see the seeds of my current profession and passion being planted.

I already have DFX, but to answer the OP, DF1 and DF2 will always be my favorite since they were the first games I ever played and modded. I remember playing the single player campaigns over and over, approaching them from different angles, etc. One of my favorite things to do was sneak around the map and find the spawn points for the Alpha and Charlie teams and attack with them.

I'm not sure why, but I never got into DFLW or TFD much. I loved BHD because the atmosphere felt much more alive, and the campaign had an interesting and tangible storyline. It was also the first game with official modding support from NovaLogic. JO and DFX were cool, but they were basically minor iterations of BHD suited for multiplayer.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:46 PM
ÇÕLÐFÜSÎÓN is offline ÇÕLÐFÜSÎÓN

I started on DF:BHD. I enjoyed the demo and the community during that time and it got even better when the game was released. I really enjoyed the close quarter combat in DF:BHD, I found it quite intense. What I enjoyed even more was that everyone could make their own maps and share them online.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:02 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

DF2 is literally responsible for the great job I have now as a programmer. Modding the Delta Force games (which were/are pretty un-moddable) sparked my curiosity in computers, and I was fascinated by the modding tools made by the community which sparked my interest in programming. Very humbling to look at my early post history here and see the seeds of my current profession and passion being planted.
Same for me. Hard to explain to people that I got an actual job (and now own a business) building web apps from playing a video game many years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÇÕLÐFÜSÎÓN View Post
I started on DF:BHD. I enjoyed the demo and the community during that time and it got even better when the game was released. I really enjoyed the close quarter combat in DF:BHD, I found it quite intense. What I enjoyed even more was that everyone could make their own maps and share them online.
Literally the greatest part about the whole series IMO, the ability to make maps and share them easily online. NovaHQ alone has almost 10,000 maps posted on this site, and I have almost 5k more on my hard drive! That's probably still less than 1/20th of all the maps that people have made.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:21 AM
flamerboy67664 is offline flamerboy67664

My father introduced me to DF:BHD, CoD1 and the old Medal of Honor games at the age of 3. I guess in this country (Philippines) parents don't care about what their children watches if it's not about sexual stuff. That game was basically from my early childhood. I have discovered Joint Operations (torrented it long ago, now bought it), the new Delta Force based on JO engine. I still play it and even make ****ty maps. (age 13, turning 14 in 3 weeks)
Old 03-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Kattoor is offline Kattoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamerboy67664 View Post
My father introduced me to DF:BHD, CoD1 and the old Medal of Honor games at the age of 3.

My father also introduced me to DF:BHD back in 2003 (I'm from '95) - the first FPS I ever played

It's kind of sad seeing the game I have such nostalgic memories about being filled with rather empty lobbies and silent players.

I'm really curious about what THQNordic is planning to do with NovaLogic's IP!
Old 03-29-2017, 09:58 AM
UniDF2 is offline UniDF2

DF2 was my favorite game because of the long grass and play style. I put many hours in Nova servers way back in the day.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:10 PM
spider-x is offline spider-x

Tfd

I started playing the games late, like just when TFD came out. I really liked the open world and how simple it was to play. Hoping I can get a copy of DFX to try out
Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 PM
kimel is offline kimel

I played mostly jo and dfx2 but I think dfx was like dfx2 so I would like to try it thx!
Old 03-29-2017, 10:51 PM
horrizon is offline horrizon

hi i've been a member here for a looong time but i've forgotten my old username???? anyways,,, i played BHD mostly for many years and would live to try out dfx!
Old 03-31-2017, 11:27 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

If you posted here make sure to check your PM's for the DFX1 code

Old 04-02-2017, 12:20 PM
careless is offline careless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
If you posted here make sure to check your PM's for the DFX1 code
Woo! Thanks Scott/Nova-HQ
Playing now
Old 04-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Coopwarriors is offline Coopwarriors

Send a message via ICQ to Coopwarriors Send a message via AIM to Coopwarriors Send a message via Yahoo to Coopwarriors
i play delta force games from the start and i like jo but like .Delta Force Xtreme
Old 06-16-2017, 10:24 AM
lolfake is offline lolfake
Delta Team Maps

Late.

Hi i am not here for the codes i wanted to ask are you planing to add dfx2

this is the lobby http://novaworld.cc/