View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 11:02 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

DF2 is literally responsible for the great job I have now as a programmer. Modding the Delta Force games (which were/are pretty un-moddable) sparked my curiosity in computers, and I was fascinated by the modding tools made by the community which sparked my interest in programming. Very humbling to look at my early post history here and see the seeds of my current profession and passion being planted.
Same for me. Hard to explain to people that I got an actual job (and now own a business) building web apps from playing a video game many years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÇÕLÐFÜSÎÓN View Post
I started on DF:BHD. I enjoyed the demo and the community during that time and it got even better when the game was released. I really enjoyed the close quarter combat in DF:BHD, I found it quite intense. What I enjoyed even more was that everyone could make their own maps and share them online.
Literally the greatest part about the whole series IMO, the ability to make maps and share them easily online. NovaHQ alone has almost 10,000 maps posted on this site, and I have almost 5k more on my hard drive! That's probably still less than 1/20th of all the maps that people have made.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq