View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:16 PM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

eek New maps and ntfs

yea...i saved them...no thanks to microsoft...
seams moving my maps one computer to another and or having to re install windows10 no mater what a new system or owner signature is generated for NTFS enhanced permissions...someone needs to stick a fireplace stoker in the fire till it turns white hot and give it a shove a couple of times to them and norton hypothetically speaking that is....i had to un install noton security to run the nile installer ...add everyone to the users in the security tab and give entries in the securities tab full control .goto my original map file that still worked in dfx2 and remove all inherited permissions ,change the owner to everyone ad a new user everyone to the users in the security tab...finally goto the compatability tab for nile.exe and click on run as an admin...before if i made any editing to the map in nile it would crash DFX2...dont just save your files to a folder on an Hdd or in the dfx2 folder or the nile folder or the novalogic folder,...save youe maps to a thumb drive and in multiple folders there too...

p.s. it tried to save as a diff file name in nile but windows explorer didnt see them and dfv2 did...it was a hole lot of WTWhatever....

14TB 7200 rpm HDD
LG 16x blue ray R/W Drive
-----------------------------------

CHEVRON 7 Unlocked