Thread: Halo3 ODST
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 05:39 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I think what galls people about Halo is the nonsense that box owners spouted about it being the best 3d shooter ever.
It was without doubt the best shooter on a console but for us DF gamers it just didn't add up.
That said, Bungies intergration, particularly with Halo 3, into the xbox experience is seamless. The menus, the online stats (heat maps that show you where you get most kills and deaths on any given map being just one excellent example) and the online lobbies are second to none in just about any format.
It's an easy experience to get into and a damn hard one to get brilliant at and that is the sign of a good game to my mind.
Single player is usually reasonable.
I still don't like the fact you have to play strangers to rank up. I know that friend games can leave a game open to abuse but the joy of the old days was playing exclusively with mates.
Gears of War (and Halo) would be just about perfect if I wasn't forced into playing desperately laggy servers in order to squeeze the most out of the experience, often with people I wouldn't care to know let alone play with.
Remember the good old days of playing a couple of hours with mates then server crashing and wiping out a practising clan with your informal buddies?
Ahhh happy days.