View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
is that a NBC Mask case he has on his side?
do you all use them in the game too? or that for looks
dont think it's a mask. masks will be implemented in ACE mod tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Thanks for that Steve.

What I'd like to see is stealthy squad-type missions. Maybe you have like 5 people that HALO from an aircraft and then they're pretty much on their own to take a whole village or something? Or let's say, trek to the other side of Chernarus/Utes without being caught?

I wouldn't even care if I never got to shoot anything in these co-ops. The immersion is that awesome from the looks of it!
hehe i think we need more players like that. during our tac night last week our squad leader had a very hard time keeping us in tow, we entered the target area by avoiding 2 tanks but with constant requests to destroy said armour every few seconds

it's resonably difficult to avoid contact, all depends on type of enemy, location, how many friendlies and i think a lot is down to ths scripting of that particular mission as well.

someone mentioned a script that meant that if you stole an enemy vehicle, then there is only a very small chance that the AI would actually identify you as enemy. the game engine and scripting is amazing, but the ideas that ppl come up with is stunning.

i think BI tweaked the settings for detection by AI when crawling through grass, it now seems you can get much closer before being detected when you are trying to hide.

i managed to crawl up to a Shilka (anti air) and plant a satchel charge next to it, erm when i detonated it, the tank just drove off and then turned me to dust with it's cannons but hey you cant win 'em all. also had a tank drive upto me and then park over my body, after a short time it drove off and never saw me.

small coop missions are very difficult, but again it depends on the scripter. played some of the small coop missions with the sparta guys. completely changes the experience again, especially if you put it on no respawns. it can be very rewarding to complete missions, moreso if the whole team survives. generally you really would like to avoid all contact with the enemy unless a particular task requires you to do so.

it can get pretty intense and like you said it has great immersion.

great gaming community btw: http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/index.php arma server is usually pretty busy