View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 03:56 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Oh, Franky, if I was a NL employee, I would not have settled for making half-assed mods and guesswork maps all these years. I would have personally patched the left-lean glitch and centered the sniper scope crosshairs. I would be making SP missions with .ain files.

I've just made observations, man. Like how you found the screenshot of the MED on the laptop skin.

Items can be assigned to Teams Yellow and Violet in the MED. What's that about?

I remember some players getting in trouble for using console commands to create "New Units" in MP games. I never learned what those commands were or what consequences a "New Unit" had for gameplay... or was it "New Squad"? I dunno.

In the mission "River Raid" of the Black Hawk Down campaign, after you secure the warehouse, you hear the player character, Coach, telling Hunt to come with him on the truck to Deka, and he tells Preacher and Mother to guard the warehouse. In my opinion, this implies that NL was going to have a more character-driven narrative to the campaign than they ended up with, 'cause you never hear the names Hunt, Preacher, or Mother again.

In the same mission, before you cross the river beyond the minefield, Coach tells Hunt to keep his weapon dry or it may not fire. I know from experience that you can use the blockfire action in a .wac file to prevent the player from using a weapon. For instance:

if never then
blockfire 4 1
blockfire 5 1
blockfire 6 1
endif

...Will make the player unable to throw any grenades.

I surmise from all this that NL considered making situations where the weapons were unreliable. Weapon degradation.

It might have been fun.