Thread: [DFBHD] Guess Who's Back?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 07:05 AM
OlderStreetrat is offline OlderStreetrat

Well ...

[QUOTE=~BLÃÐE~;386859]So you have used the 3di viewer to see which skins belong to the 3di, you have re skinned then and put back into game.[QUOTE]

This part, no.

I could never get the 3di viewer to work. What I did first is take a Cargo Container .obj and alter the material in Photoshop. I then exported it out as an ASE file and then into the OED and out as a 3di. Then I found the exact item in the resource .pff, deleted the active one and replaced it with the one I altered with the add function in Jackyl's PFF editor. When I tried to add it in a map it threw a null.

I tried the same thing with the AK47 Crate, only this time I tried using one of the only 2 Pack applications that I thought were working and it did the same thing. However, I haven't tried anything since I got PFF7 working. I'm assuming that I will have to go the ITEMS.def route if i use any .obj item, which by the way I would love to learn how to do (convert 3di to .obj) and then convert it to 3di and place it in game.

On a side note, I'm starting a project today that I sincerely hope modders from all over that are still interested in the games will take part in.