View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 09:28 PM
fawkle is offline fawkle

I know a little about development/programing and a lot about hardware/software but i'm not an Ace at it . I started in 1999 with DF2 and new many people at work that told me to try it out as I never played an online game in my life till then. Since, I have played literally thousands of games of all kinds cuz I needed to know how they reacted on my servers etc... It was always a pain that Novalogic's graphics made it a pain to use 1 server to host Multiple games. I must say, I have had my issues with all their games, but it is the easiest MIND friendly game on the PC end to use. They always had graphics that were over 50% which is/was great in my opinion at the time alot of PC's came with onboard graphics . If the owners had brains they could have made it the top 3 game in the world starting with DF2. Too bad a great game gets crapped on cuz their marketing structure was so closed minded. Their own programmers used to make all the hackz and cheats on their own and make extra cash with AKA sites. I mean seriously! Punk Busters told them to take a hike do to to that! If Nova owners wanted to make their games make many millions instead of a million they should have always been on top of the cheats and updated monthly with simple code changes. They new that, they know this! All know if the game can't be compromised then we just need more ram,bandwidth, and it's a PC race. That's what really killed Novalogic! And it all started in 1998 with DF2 and cheats allowed with no updates to stop them? or if they did the programmers put new cheat codes up on their sites! I know this to be FACT! I know many other games with the same problem. I also know many other games that use PB and Steam and they have their issues also.My son is top 10 in COD which I do not play nor use any platforms but the PC, which they tried with COD together with Xbox etc. and stopped it after 6 months due to PC users had a huge advantage and could cheat . So If Micr$soft can't stop cheats then i guess no-one can. Nova needs to go game console to make money is the issue. Game Consoles put me out of business! I could have started a SITE BACK THEN LIKE POKERSTARS AND BEEN VERY RICH NOW. I live by certain precepts, all biblical, so I decided not to even when I had my dad and bro with millions wanting me to do it. I said I can't. they said no to investing in online gaming cuz they say the console coming. So I put a lot into hosting and I talk to nova almost daily when I hosted DF2 and wanted to do it for a living, which is the sad part about my journey. It all started with Novalogic and ended with it also. Although I still Host games. Nova games were a pain in the butt to host many games but awesome to play and still is.