View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 12:24 PM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Send a message via ICQ to MrB50
Watch out for....

Team Bravo. This was found in their "tips and Tricks" section of their website. Seems a little fishy to me.

missy
~TB~ Member

Posted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:40 pm Post subject: Turning off rotorwash from Helocopters and grass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to your BHD folder ,open (file name removed for obvious reasons) file with wordpad if it asks find rotorwash and foliage change values to 0 and hit save!this will give you better FPS.And also go to general settings in game and put particle density and shadows to low. Any guestions get me on icq Hooooah

ALL I ASK IS YOU KEEP THIS INFO TO ~TB~ MEMBERS ONLY!!

now.. particle density and shadows are in game options....so they are adjustable without modifying game files...all people can do this...turning off rotor wash and foliage are modifying game files.....a cheat in my book....when you modify a file to give yourself an edge....anyone know about this? or has anyone tried it to see if it works?
anyone else agree or is this fair game?
in my eyes if NOVA wrote it into the game as something made to be adjusted or controlled (game options )( monitor color or contrast adjustment) (anything that any noob to computers can adjust) its fair game....i dont think they expect all people to be able to reconfigure a file.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates in 1981