Thread: JO: Revision
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 06:15 AM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post

As I've briefly mentioned - introducing new attributes to the game would be interesting.

Projectile impacts and tracered ricochets with full collision effects...

IE if you're hit by ricochet there is damage which makes for interesting play when the enemy are behind cover.

More Command and Control of the AI Teams would open up more mapping possibilities.

Create objectives, change weapon load-outs, add pickups whilst in-game would extend game-play enormously.

EDIT:
Last but not least - scale up the engine and raise the number of objects you can have in a map.

I'd tried some of the things you mentioned with no success. AI are impossible. Unless you had a way to make .AIN files for each map like Nova did in BHD, AI navigation and general intelligence will remain equivalent to a zombie.

I experimented with ricochets a long time ago. I concluded that it can't be done to my knowledge. What I tried to do was use something similar to what the claymore for a shrapnel effect in the game. When you set off a claymore, the game emits a spray of shrapnel bits in the direction of the clay that causes damage. You can control the number of shrapnel bits and damage amount that you want the game to emit through the AMMO.DEF file.

My attempt was to tell the game to emit only one shrapnel bit from the impact of a bullet. For some reason, it won't work in game. However, even if it did, it would not be a true ricochet. the "ricocheted" bullet would be emitted in a random direction rather than a direction based on angle of impact. Also, every single impact would ricochet, which would not be realistic. You would have bullets bouncing off of soft woods and probably even cloth. and never mind getting them with tracers.

Unfortunately, due to game engine limitations or limitations of modding resources, things like this can only be done to a small extent or not done at all.