Thread: JO: Revision
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 10:04 AM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Nice mod, sad it never made it to release
I still may try to do something with it. I know there arent many players on JO any more but its a lot of fun in singleplayer and coop.

I have done so much work to it though, i just wish i had more time to work on it.

In the mod i have completely overhauled the weapons and ballistics.

Ballistics all have exact velocity, weight and ballistic coefficient values (drag) as the real ammo.

Weapons all have correct weight and MOA accuracy as the real rifles. The moa accuracy is set to the guns moa when prone and increases by a percentage as the player goes to crouch and standing, which is 25% and 50% of guns original accuracy capabilities to simulate human error.

Every gun now has stability sway when sighted in (much like scoped rifles). The amount of sway is based off of a percentage of the guns weight and is effected by stance. The heavier the weapon, the more sway you will have when sighted. All weapons have basically no sway when prone.

Recoil has been changed for every gun. The amount of recoil muzzle climb is actually calculated based off of the weapon weight, bullet weight, and the powder charge of the cartridge. This was used to calculate the free energy muzzle climb of the real gun which was translated into felt recoil by the shooter. The recoil in game is less than the real free energy muzzle climb because i took into account the shooters ability to control the weapon.

This means that heaveir guns firing a bullet of the same weight or lighter has less recoil than a gun that is lighter. Ex, the SAW is more controlable than the M4. They both fire the same cartridge, but because the saw is heavier there is less recoil due to inertial factors.

Thats just a fraction of the change log so far... other changes involve cosmetics and sound. I tried to use the sound system in the game to create some cool effects for gun fire.

If you listen in the video, youll hear an audible distant echo for every AK47 round fired echoed in exactly the same pattern the player fires. It sounds pretty realistic and cool on machinegun fire.