View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 09:00 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I feel a great deal of nostalgia every time I play. Some might call me a little crazy but I really do hold these games pretty close as they've had a huge part in everything I've accomplished so far. In the early days when I started playing, they helped me through some tough times also. Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
Then eventually i got to know about multiplayer and this game got more closer to me. It'd help me overcome my anger, my depression and sadness. Whenever I felt sad, I'd play a game and that'd really boost up my energy levels back to normal.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

DF2 is literally responsible for the great job I have now as a programmer. Modding the Delta Force games (which were/are pretty un-moddable) sparked my curiosity in computers, and I was fascinated by the modding tools made by the community which sparked my interest in programming. Very humbling to look at my early post history here and see the seeds of my current profession and passion being planted.

I already have DFX, but to answer the OP, DF1 and DF2 will always be my favorite since they were the first games I ever played and modded. I remember playing the single player campaigns over and over, approaching them from different angles, etc. One of my favorite things to do was sneak around the map and find the spawn points for the Alpha and Charlie teams and attack with them.

I'm not sure why, but I never got into DFLW or TFD much. I loved BHD because the atmosphere felt much more alive, and the campaign had an interesting and tangible storyline. It was also the first game with official modding support from NovaLogic. JO and DFX were cool, but they were basically minor iterations of BHD suited for multiplayer.