View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 08:11 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless View Post
Just found this site via GOG, and can't believe they all still exist (including DFB) good stuff! I even had to re-activate my old e-mail just to get access! Aug 2004!

Land warrior by far. It was the first game to get me into the series and for the most part, into online gaming. The pain of connecting on 128k, but the games were massive compared to shooters at the same time and the map editor was amazing.

I was a member of so many clans including the somewhat (i think) legendary "hardmaps" which is still around! (Just checked, even my account still exists!)

Even kick started my interest in web development as I made various web pages for clans i belonged in, and even made a simply "match tracker" in PHP.

As a side note, are you the same Panther who got the 85 kills to something like 0 deaths? I remember seeing a screenshot, way back.
HARDMAPS is still hosting a DFLW server! And EVEN a few others in JO and DFX2 I think. I went 75 and 0 that map and it took years to accomplish. I swear I hid the last few minutes because I was still not sure if I had died yet. It's actually still view-able here: http://novahq.net/bestscores.php?ID=38. Super fun times! Great to see an account from 2004

Glad to see you found us from GOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ston3Cold View Post
I remember when I was still in secondary school, I saved up for my own PCI based network interface card for my computer so I could join my friends when they did LAN gaming. The very first game I managed to play was Delta Force 1, and boy it didn't disappoint.

I remember my one friend and I spent countless hours on the Ice Floes map with us noob tubing and sniping each other till the early hours of the morning. When also co-op'd the missions, which was good fun. I wouldn't mind checking out DFX extreme either as it's one of the DF titles that I didn't manage to play back in the day
Ice Floes is a great map. We still play it once in while. We play DF1 online every Sunday at 1PM CST / 7 PM UTC. We usually fill a 16 player server for a few hours Our Facebook group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfworld/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
I used to play DF1 and then BHD when i was a kid and I still remember the day when I first bought the game BHD and my excitement levels were at peaks. I used to play this game day & night sometimes even skipping my sleep only to pass a mission. Then eventually i got to know about multiplayer and this game got more closer to me. It'd help me overcome my anger, my depression and sadness. Whenever I felt sad, I'd play a game and that'd really boost up my energy levels back to normal.

After somany years I found this link in one of the facebook groups and it instantly rolled back my memories and felt hugely nostalgic.

It's been 15 odd years and see this game is still shiny as gold and this could be possible only because of THQ Nordic. Thanks for keeping it alive and making it preferred over those new gen games. Good Luck!
I feel a great deal of nostalgia every time I play. Some might call me a little crazy but I really do hold these games pretty close as they've had a huge part in everything I've accomplished so far. In the early days when I started playing, they helped me through some tough times also. Thanks for sharing!

Good luck!

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq