Thread: [DFBHD] Guess Who's Back?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 11:35 AM
OlderStreetrat is offline OlderStreetrat

Guess Who's Back?

Howdy fellers,

After a couple of months of much trial and error, hair pullin', cussin' and frustration, I have come to the ultimate conclusion that I am either an idiot or some of these much needed programs just won't work on a Windows 10 computer.

I've got the how to build and export to the OED then to 3di figured out. I've got the .wav situation figured out, like, how to make them and such. The one thing, which in my opinion is the most important thing, is I can't get them into the damn game.

I have tried every pack program I can find and searched everywhere for instructions on just HOW to use them. The only two I've gotten to even semi-cooperate are the PFF3 program and the PFF Editor.

With the PFF3, when I try to open a .pff file, I get an error saying the file is corrupted or not there but I can open it with Jackyl's Pff opener. With the PFF Editor, as soon as I open the program I get an error saying a component isn't registered or is missing. The component is in the folder, I just don't know how to register it. I have attached a screenshot.

I even tried deleting a .3di and replacing it through Jackyl's but when I try to add it in a map it throws a NULL.

So, if one of you fine gentlemen could kindly explain to me how to get from the OED into the .pff directory so I can add it to the map, I would be most grateful. Now, I'm not talking about a brand new building or vehicle here, I'm just talking about a re-materialed <--- Stupid word, I know, object. I know for a new object I have to add it to the ITEMS.def and other things.

Oh yeah, the game I'm now tinkering around with is good 'ole BHD.

Thanks fellers
Street
Attached Images
File Type: png 2017-06-14_1211.png (18.7 KB, 4 views)